• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blazer1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    South Bend
    I found a .22 single shot rifle in a house my father purchased it is a Hamilton rifle no27 date on receiver is 1907. The stock was consumed partially by termites and the forend is missing. The barrel measures 15" and the overall length of the gun is 29.5" The barrel appears to be brass wrapped with thin metal around it. Would this be illegal since its less than 16" or is it different for antiques.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    IANAL, but this is what I have found on your gun:
    THE QUINTESSENTIAL BOY’S RIFLE: HAMILTON’S MODEL 27
    Barrel lengths on Model 27’s vary from just under 15” to 16”. For many years the Model 27 came under the provisions of the National Firearms Act of 1934 as a “short barreled rifle,” but present day collectors can heave a sigh of relief: in a rare burst of good sense, the BATF eventually decided that the Model 27 does not, after all, represent much of a threat to the peace and stability of the American Republic. All Hamilton 27’s have long since been exempted from the NFA. And of course all qualify as “Curio & Relic” guns by virtue of age.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I found a .22 single shot rifle in a house my father purchased it is a Hamilton rifle no27 date on receiver is 1907. The stock was consumed partially by termites and the forend is missing. The barrel measures 15" and the overall length of the gun is 29.5" The barrel appears to be brass wrapped with thin metal around it. Would this be illegal since its less than 16" or is it different for antiques.

That is an awesome find. Have fun restoring it.

Top Bottom