• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I have a 2007 Yukon. This morning the drivers seat belt wouldn't latch. It appears the female end is locked and I can't push the male end into it.

I drove into work without a belt; I've been using a seat belt since I was a kid so I was uncomfortable as well as worried about getting a ticket. I'm going to try some WD40 on it for the short term, but also want to get it fixed ASAP.

I have heard that no one will replace parts on belts for liability reasons: that the cost may be several hundred for a new assembly. Should I just suck it up and call the dealer? Any other suggestions?

I'm not very mechanical so changing it myself if probably not a good option.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Try pushing the button a bunch of times see if it will latch after that.

If that doesn't work call the dealer and ask. If I remember correctly Honda will warranty seatbelts for life because of the safety issue. Worth asking the GM dealer.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Try pushing the button a bunch of times see if it will latch after that.

If that doesn't work call the dealer and ask. If I remember correctly Honda will warranty seatbelts for life because of the safety issue. Worth asking the GM dealer.

Yes, I kept pushing the button but got no response.

That's a good idea to talk to the dealer about warranty.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    You might try Pick-a-part or one of the other U-take-off salvage yards in or around Indy. I have a friend who goes there a lot and they are reasonable on price.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Does the belt-side part of the latch go all the way in? Is it possible a coin or something slid off the console and fell in there? You might take a look and see if something's in there. (Troubleshooting 101 - Do the easiest, cheapest stuff first. :D )

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Does the belt-side part of the latch go all the way in? Is it possible a coin or something slid off the console and fell in there? You might take a look and see if something's in there. (Troubleshooting 101 - Do the easiest, cheapest stuff first. :D )

OH yeah, it's possible. I would also have to admit there could have been food or coffee in there contributing to the malfunction.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    You might try Pick-a-part or one of the other U-take-off salvage yards in or around Indy. I have a friend who goes there a lot and they are reasonable on price.

Thanks... nothing in their inventory regarding Yukons (or Tahoes, Suburbans, etc) any newer than 2002. Which is maybe OK, because when I say I'm not "mechanical" I mean I'm really really NOT mechanical.

Top Bottom