• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I think AGA Armament had some, but what do you consider to be a "small fortune?" You could put up a WTB ad and see what you get.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I think AGA Armament had some, but what do you consider to be a "small fortune?" You could put up a WTB ad and see what you get.

AGS has no AKs right now. occasionally they get AK74s but haven't for a while. last price was a grand i think.

two weeks ago i wandered into Ranger Supply and he had two WASRs for $619 that hadn't even been checked in yet, lets just say they were putting them in the book at the same time they were doing NICS checks.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    AGS has no AKs right now. occasionally they get AK74s but haven't for a while. last price was a grand i think.

two weeks ago i wandered into Ranger Supply and he had two WASRs for $619 that hadn't even been checked in yet, lets just say they were putting them in the book at the same time they were doing NICS checks.

I haven't seen any 74s or 47s in these parts.

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    Better just wait now, it's the tax return season so most people will have a lump sum of dinero and everyone knows it, so I do not think prices will lower any, not until @ April, If you doubt me goto a pawn shop and ask the pawn broker, Between Christmas and tax time is best time to go shopping, after that wait til those people spending their tax checks' money runs out and rent or whatever is due.My two pennies I rub together.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Does anybody have ak"s that doesnt cost a small fortune ??

Unfortunately most examples I have seen that do not cost a small fortune instead cost a large fortune. I haven't been looking too close and probably won't until after things calm down.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    AGS Armament has one left in stock Waffen Werks Standard AK-74, 5.45x39mm
    If they weren't $150 more than what they were just 2 months ago for the same exact rifle that is still currently being produced, I might go for it. In the meantime, I will save my money for somewhere that isn't on the price jumping bandwagon. I get it their suppliers price has gone up, that's why this bashing isn't directed at AGS, it is directed at Waffen Works. Shame on WW.

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    you might try finding a parts kit and build it I think that is still not crazy expensive. Also it seems the SKS' that were factory built to take ak mags have increased in price but are still reasonable and in my opinion are better in some ways than AK's

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    If they weren't $150 more than what they were just 2 months ago for the same exact rifle that is still currently being produced, I might go for it. In the meantime, I will save my money for somewhere that isn't on the price jumping bandwagon. I get it their suppliers price has gone up, that's why this bashing isn't directed at AGS, it is directed at Waffen Works. Shame on WW.

WW costs have gone up as well too. Foreign distributors are squeezing American companies also. AIM has AK74 mags in currently. Bulgys are $39.95 and Izzy Plums are $49.95. Now AIM paid $30-$40 for them respectively. A 25% markup isn't gouging... it's standard business profit margins. They're maintaining their exact same margins they always have.

If WW doesn't mark up then they would sell out all of their stock and be unable to resupply because their suppliers are marking them up. There is no profit. If they can't profit they go out of business.

WW is good people. They're bringing you some of the best product at a price level which is extremely competitive atm and they're going to do everything in their power to get that price back down for all of us if they can.

Top Bottom