Any Browning T bolt 22LR shooters in here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    The Steyr sounds interesting but the website says it's already 7.3 lbs without a scope. That pretty much kills it being used at CMP sporter matches. It would work for the NRA matches great though.

I've spoken to the Steyr guys in GA several times. Might be worth giving them a call.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I suspect that may be the weight of the SPA in a wood stock but the plastic stock on the RFR is lighter. Mine feels lighter than 7 lbs. anyway, definitely lighter than the T-bolt pictured up thread.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I suspect that may be the weight of the SPA in a wood stock but the plastic stock on the RFR is lighter. Mine feels lighter than 7 lbs. anyway, definitely lighter than the T-bolt pictured up thread.

FWIW, the stainless varmint T-Bolt is listed at 5lbs 10oz. I think the weight is my favorite part of my maple T-Bolt, it’s toughly 5.5 lbs with the scope.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Ordered Steyr RFR today. I mean if I get a birthday handgun I should buy my birthday long gun too.

Awesome! According to some reviews I've read, the Steyr weighs less than what's on the spec sheet. Anxious to hear how well it can shoot. Get a box of Wolf or Lapua or Eley and let us know please!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Is it just me, or is the Steyr RFR kinda fugly? I think the toggle action is slick but the rifle is kinda meh. Plus it's threaded in 1/2x20 instead of 1/2x28.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I'm considering getting a bolt action 22LR & have had my eye on a new Browning T-bolt varminter. Browning has a $100 rebate going through the end of October. A buddy in Texas has one and constantly brags about his sub 1/2" groups at 100 yards. BUT... I also know people shooting CZ bolt guns that can shoot close to the same for ~$200 cheaper. I just like that quicker feeling straight pull bolt though! It's Olympic Biathlon type action is alluring.

Use will be NRA Smallbore & silhouette matches & maybe CMP Rimfire Sporter. I don't think I can drop 4 digits $ on a Anschutz 54. Other very accurate 22LR suggestions welcome.

[edit - Dang it, my poll won't work. Vote by posting an opinion in thread please!]

I'll say this for Browning, they sure know how to quickly and efficiently run a rebate program. I submitted the rebate information online for my new T-bolt and had approval of the claim within a few hours along with a notice that the rebate should arrive within 3-4 weeks. It arrived yesterday, exactly 11 days after I received approval notification.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'll say this for Browning, they sure know how to quickly and efficiently run a rebate program. I submitted the rebate information online for my new T-bolt and had approval of the claim within a few hours along with a notice that the rebate should arrive within 3-4 weeks. It arrived yesterday, exactly 11 days after I received approval notification.

Mine was like that when I bought my T-Bolt last spring. They were shockingly quick on the turnaround.

Top Bottom