• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    It is time to confess that I am a Buckeye. Born and raised in the Dayton area. Moved to Indiana in 85 after five years overseas in the USAF.

Compared to Ohio, I prefer living in Indiana. Less taxes, more freedom and lower cost of living. People are nicer here and the social values are more conservative. Only problem with Indiana is the proximity to the "peoples republic of Chicago" and their horrible politics.

I do make it back to Ohio once a year to visit the graves of my Dad and Grandparents.

Was just wondering if anyone else made the move from Ohio to Indiana?

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I fell out of heaven and landed in Fort Wayne. From the woods to a crap hole. Married a Fort Wayne girl. I'm stuck. But Indiana isn't bad. Politics are MUCH better. Found some great hunting and fishing. Watched my cousins back home go to hell. I'm glad we came overall.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Born and raised in Fort Wayne. Moved to Mansfield Ohio with the first ex-wife due to her job. It was ok for a smaller town. Spent a lot of time in Columbus since there was not much going on in Mansfield. We were there only a year and we moved back to Fort Wayne.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Born and raised in Fort Wayne. Moved to Mansfield Ohio with the first ex-wife due to her job. It was ok for a smaller town. Spent a lot of time in Columbus since there was not much going on in Mansfield. We were there only a year and we moved back to Fort Wayne.
    I married a girl from Mansfield.

I'm not saying its a small town, but I mentioned that a couple years ago to a coworker in our Mansfield office, and turns out they went to school together. LOL

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Great grandpa moved this a way from Darke county a little over a hundred years ago. Grandma and Grandpa had 12 kids who survived, and they all graduated Albany high school. They then scattered around the world in pursuit of opportunity. I'm still here, pretty close by.
    My sweetheart? She lives out south of Gettysburg, back in Darke county. LOL
    Gotta watch those curvy Buckeye gals.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It has grown since I lived there. I swing through there every now and then when I am heading out east.
    Yeah, they graduated in the mid 90s. I just found it funny that there would be that connection.

When I time it right, (leaving after lunch and coming straight home to Indy) I am ordered to bring home Clara's Pizza and Leaning Tower subs.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Almost all of my wife's mom's side of the family lives in OH. Mercer, VanWert, Medina, and Henry Counties mostly. Visit quite often. And I'm quite often glad to be home.

Top Bottom