• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Man I'd love to have an FAL, but I can't bring myself to do it. After the gun comes mags, accessories, spare parts ect ect. I'm in over my head now with too many other guns.
    Sarco was selling some really nice Argentina parts kits, made under licence from FN. I believe they were either $500 or $550. They may still have them. They were all the rage on the FAL Files forum a few months ago.
    Add a DSA or Coonan reciever, some 922r compliance parts, and you would be good to go.
    I read up just a little about building one but don't know nearly enough about it to give you any advice.
    Aim surplus is selling the DSA Imbel right now for right at $1,000. That may be the best option since I don't know how to build the gun and can't see buying a few hundred $ worth of receiver wrench ect just to build one or two guns.

hoosierjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Mishawaka
    I looked into it several years ago. I bought an old G-1 kit back when they were $100 each and bought a bunch of FAL magazines for $4-7 each. I ended up getting into AR's instead. I may still build one once my kids are out of the house. Unfortunately, the golden days of the cheap FAL are behind us. Importing FAL kits with barrels is prohibited now as is importing the FN-licensed IMBEL receivers from Brazil (if I'm wrong someone please correct me). DSA and a couple of other domestic company's still make FAL receivers, but the IMBEL's were about 40-50% cheaper than DSA in the early 2000's.

Hang out at the FALfiles for good info. One of the members there is a gunsmith (handle is Gunplumber) who sells an instructional DVD on how to build FALs. I've seen it and it shows you all of the steps. The info is out there on the internet for free, but this will save you some time and research. Here is his website: Arizona Response Systems, LLC. Home Page. Products & Services for the Armed Professional.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom