• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have scored a 1985 Bronco XLT, which is in awesome shape and runs great with the 351 HO engine, I've wanted a Bronco ever since I was a kid, and finally got lucky. The body is in excellent shape, with a cheapo paint job, which I will be changing (thinking about going the line-x route), but the interior is showing its age. I'm looking for some good, reputable online parts dealers. I have bought a few items from JC whitney before, but haven't dealt with them for years, and have found several Bronco specific websites, but I hate dealing with somebody without any knowledge of what kind of service they offer. Any suggestions on some good parts sites would be greatly appreciated.:ingo::patriot:

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Instead of LIne-X, you can get the whole thing 'wrapped' in a vinyl design. I've seen them done in Flat Black, very cool, and reversible if you ever desire in the future.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Instead of LIne-X, you can get the whole thing 'wrapped' in a vinyl design. I've seen them done in Flat Black, very cool, and reversible if you ever desire in the future.

That vinyl wrap would cost more than the truck. A full size Bronco is made for big tires, loud pipes, and a mud colored paint job. I would suggest possibly a dark color on top, then Line-X the bottom half. Make it two tone. Or you could paint the top half flat black to match the Line-X. And for the love of God, man...make sure that thing gets dirty every once in a while! :ingo:

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I owned two broncos in the past. My first vehicle ever what a 1989 XLT ford bronco with the 302, when I got out of the Corps, I bought a 1994 Bronco. When gas shot up, had to ditch it for a more fuel efficient and comfortable ride.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This won't be a everyday drive to work vehicle, this thing probably burns more gas getting out of the driveway than my camry even holds! But yeah, it's loud, and very cool, I think I'm gonna build a roll cage for it at work too.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    OD green spray paint looks good on them after all its a bronco lol . . . . . A good source is bronco graveyard and lmc truck there the same as the f150s

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Here's a shot of her after a little cleaning, she won't be this color very long.
    b27bc73b.jpg

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Here's a shot of her after a little cleaning, she won't be this color very long.
    b27bc73b.jpg

I've got an 88. I like that blue I'd leave it that color :twocents:

I really like my bronco as well. I just hope I can find a body that has less rust. Mine has alot more underneath than I originally realized.

I'll be soon getting some new 32's and maybe a small lift later on.

Top Bottom