• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've used Google Sketchup for years for all kinds of projects. It's been an extremely useful program but unfortunately I cannot get it to run on my macbooks any longer. I'm guessing they abandoned updating it or something. I'm trying to see if there is an alternative out there that is as easy to work with?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I've used Sketchup for quite some time as well (though not for anything super involved, so I'm not an expert with it.) Like WebSnyper said, the last downloadable version they came out with was in 2017; since then there's a browser-based version, but I've never tried it, and have no plans to. It still use the 2017 version, as it works fine on Windows 10 for me, but if that's not an option, you can try the browser version. Other than that, I'm afraid there really don't appear to be any other options out there for modelling programs that I've found that match the sheer level of simplicity that Sketchup has.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've been working with the free web version. I'm gettin it done but I sure do miss the old.

Most likely cause I'm getting old. Sure sounds that way.

Top Bottom