• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Wife had 1 for 9 years then engine problems and transmission problems so traded it off. Been a year and a half ago she still misses it.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Have had 3.
    Had a new 2006 with a manual trans.
    Had a used 2007 with a auto trans.
    Currently have a 2009 H3T Alpha bought used.

All three had/have Adventure/offroad package.

Only trouble I have had is 2006 had to have front diff bushing replaced but I was doing some offroading so that might have been some of that problem but it seems that it is a common problem.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    IIRC when they had one at our plant(Marion) for us to look at and a engineer there to discuss he said that there were only a couple part numbers that were shared with the Colorado. They were both assembled in the same plant.
    Frame and suspension were different.
    Engine while interchangeable had a different cam and tune.
    Some of the early 5 cylinders had valve and head issues but mine ran great and never had any issues.
    The newest ones are almost 15 years old and like any vehicle that age they can have issues.
    Frame rust on northern and midwest vehicles can be a issue.

Great driving and riding vehicles with decent room inside.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Looked at one and yes the rust problem is very real. It was from Tennessee and frame was failing. 07 she has frame was crusty. See Colorodos and others with same frame problems. Must be the stuff they treat the roads with.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Looked at one and yes the rust problem is very real. It was from Tennessee and frame was failing. 07 she has frame was crusty. See Colorodos and others with same frame problems. Must be the stuff they treat the roads with.
    Yep but to be fair ALL manufactures have rust issues on this age vehicles especially in this area with the salt and brine.
    I bought my current H3T from Texas and it looks new underneath.
    I bought a Jeep TJ(well known for rusty frame problems) from Nevada and it was also like new underneath and it was actually fun to get under it and work on it when the bolts come loose like they were put on the day before and rust not falling down in your eyes.
    I had a Ford F150 that spent its life in the Midwest and being under the truck when using a impact wrench was nuts as the rust would rain down from everywhere. Was funny after working on that truck and backing it out of the garage you could see a outline of the truck on the garage floor from the rust that fell off of it.
    Good luck with your search.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Ended up getting 2 junk ones for cheap, a 08 Alpha that runs great but frame is shot, and a 07 with a good frame but locked up engine.

Top Bottom