Any insurance agents on INGO? Question about insuring personal work tools.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Just what do you (not you, but LEOs) have in the car worth $10K?
    I think someone said you buy your own vest, but that else is there?

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Remember a rider for your guns in your home as well. An officer got his personal guns stolen by some wannabe gang bangers. When he called the insurance company they explained that his guns aren't covered because he uses guns at work. When he explained that the guns were not used for work, and brought up, "if a plumbers copper pipes get stolen do you decide not to cover him because he works with pipe?". Luckily the guns were recovered the next day as the officers security traps were top notch.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    I had personal property insurance on my kayak/paddle/gps through State Farm. I had the receipts for the 3 items totaling $2500. I Insured them for $2500. 2 years later our home burned down. While our homeowners insurance covered the home it did not cover the kayak because it was considered personal watercraft. After the fire I took a pic of the kayak to the insurance and left with my check that day. They paid he policy in full with no problems.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is not a required item for officers not assigned to the Traffic Branch. I work a lot of special projects where it comes in handy so I opted to buy my own.
    You should get a cut of any tickets you write then, since it is on your equipment.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The projects I work are all overtime and then there is traffic court overtime resulting from the tickets/arrests made possible by the equipment. It would be near impossible to work these projects without radar so I figure it has paid for itself.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    When I used to work with my tools, I had a truck broken into and a couple thousand dollars of hand tools taken. I tried to get them covered under my homeowner's as "personal property off premises". No luck. Had to buy a rider.

And my Dad was an Allstate agent at the time, too.

Top Bottom