Any Notre Dame Alums or fans out there care to weigh in on this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Well, staying away from the religion aspect and commenting on amnesty, it is clear to me that it would reward people who break the law and change demographics in favor of the Democrats. It will cost a ton of money and strain an already-precarious unemployment and debt position with entitlement programs that are being grown while at the same time going broke. No other country has open borders, and there is a reason -- to maintain and protect the society and the culture. Granting amnesty to those who are here illegally, IMHO, will be one of the final nails in the coffin of a once-great country. Chain migration started under LBJ was the beginning of the situation that we now find ourselves in, as it allowed immigrants to choose who would enter our country rather than using a reasonable and logical thought process. I also am compelled to say that I do not buy the argument that not granting amnesty is punishing innocent children -- give me a break, children everywhere get rewarded or suffer because of the actions their parents take.

And people need to also remember that in up to 20 years this new demographic will cost us or vote our gun rights away by voting in more leaders like Obama, who will appoint more justices like kagan and the whole country has gun laws like Jersey.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    So the Church should shun those that do not vote in accordance with The Doctrine? That doesn't seem very Godly to me. I'm glad Jesus didn't shun every tax collector that he met...

Great point, but on the same token why would the church go out of its way to allow foxes in the hen house. Many illegals might actually be good people in some aspects, but amensty means more politicians like Obama who has to be the most hostile president to Christianity we have ever had.

Heck the way liberals vote one day priests could be thrown in jail because a liberal supreme court could say teaching that "homosexuality is a sin" is hate speech.

It is really cutting your nose off to spite your face. kind of like a gun guy supporting obama, or a robber supporting the second amendment for armed citizen protection, or a chicken supporting colonel sanders.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Great point, but on the same token why would the church go out of its way to allow foxes in the hen house. Many illegals might actually be good people in some aspects, but amensty means more politicians like Obama who has to be the most hostile president to Christianity we have ever had.

Heck the way liberals vote one day priests could be thrown in jail because a liberal supreme court could say teaching that "homosexuality is a sin" is hate speech.

It is really cutting your nose off to spite your face. kind of like a gun guy supporting obama, or a robber supporting the second amendment for armed citizen protection, or a chicken supporting colonel sanders.

The Church deals with things far more important than politics. As I stated in one of my earlier posts, the primary goal is to win souls, whether they are the souls of sinners or not (we all are, according to Church teachings). Yes, they may be welcoming a fox into the hen house, but isn't that what Christianity is all about... Loving thy neighbor, no matter what. Hate the sin, love the sinner.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    The Church deals with things far more important than politics. As I stated in one of my earlier posts, the primary goal is to win souls, whether they are the souls of sinners or not (we all are, according to Church teachings). Yes, they may be welcoming a fox into the hen house, but isn't that what Christianity is all about... Loving thy neighbor, no matter what. Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Very true, but one thing. we want to REDEEM sinners and make them see their ways.

Heck if the illegals would vote christian values Obama and co would not want amnesty and all the republicans would be parading for it.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    And people need to also remember that in up to 20 years this new demographic will cost us or vote our gun rights away by voting in more leaders like Obama, who will appoint more justices like kagan and the whole country has gun laws like Jersey.

Agree. That is part of the point on a gun forum, that the changing political landscape is steadily changing in a way that, over time, and not a lot of it, will take our 2A rights away. It is something that we have to guard against. :patriot:

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Agree. That is part of the point on a gun forum, that the changing political landscape is steadily changing in a way that, over time, and not a lot of it, will take our 2A rights away. It is something that we have to guard against. :patriot:

And on top of that Today I got an email from F.A.I.R. ( anti-illegal immigration) that Obama plans to issue another executive action like the one he did for dreamers. This one makes it so illegals wont be deported if they have kids here. Give a license to breed like rats on our tax dollars.

Top Bottom