Any of our INGO instructors offering a Florida CCW Class?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'd like to pick up a Florida CCW, as it gives reciprocity to many of the same states as Utah, but for me, also picks up South Carolina. I vacation there annually and would like to be able to carry in S.C. rather than rely on keeping my side arm in the glove box or in our residence.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Any NRA pistol class counts for Florida, you just have to submit a copy of your certificate along with the other paperwork. I'm a bit far from Seymour though, but I do have the paperwork you need.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    NRA Basic Pistol or Hunter Safety both work for FL. I'm pretty sure they still take a DD214. You can also take another firearm class with an instructor who is also NRA certified and just have him/her use his/her number on the bottom of the certificate. I've never had a problem when I've done that for students.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for the updates guys. I'll look into appropraite NRA certified training in the area.

Dude...yep, IN LTCH is reciprocated in FL. My particular thinking is to pick up the Florida CCW license to add some states that IN does not have reciprocity with, including South Carolina.

Similar concept to folks getting the UT permit.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    South Carolina does NOT accept ANY non-resident permits (except their own).
    South Carolina does NOT accept Indiana's LTCH.

If you want to carry in South Carolina, you'll need to get their non-resident permit, which is honored in - Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming

Florida does accept Indiana's LTCH.

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    South Carolina does NOT accept ANY non-resident permits (except their own).
    South Carolina does NOT accept Indiana's LTCH.

If you want to carry in South Carolina, you'll need to get their non-resident permit, which is honored in - Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming

Florida does accept Indiana's LTCH.

Interesting. I knew they didn't recognize IN, but must have recieved some bad information regarding other non-resident permits. Perhaps my source of info meant that the Flordia Resident permit was recognized, but not it's non-resident permit.

As far as I could tell, the non-resident S.C. permit requires owndership of real property, and from what I've also found, owning a timeshare doesn't fulfill that requirement.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    In addition to the options listed above, a classification card in USPSA or any NRA competition discipline will also suffice for the Florida CWP training requirement.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    TFT is offering NRA Basic Pistol on both June 18 and July 2 at Eagle Creek Pistol Range. As noted above, your certificate of completion from this course will meet the Florida CCW requierments.

Please visit www.tactical-firearms.com for details. To register, just click on the "Online Registration" button at the top of the page.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Check into the Arizona license also. I was going to go Florida until I read into AZ. They accept the Indiana hunter's safety card from the online course. Easy forms to fill out and the processing is quick. I probably have a week or so. Also any NRA course. I found out the hardway that my other training classes won't work because the instructors never submitted a syllabus to get approved. Suarez apparently works as individual contractors so your particular instructor would have to get the class approved and Shivworks and MCS aren't on their list. They returned my paperwork quickly with the denial, I called Donna in AZ who approves the training requirement and she said just send along a photocopy of the hunter's license and I'll be good to go. It's much cheaper as long as you can get your fingerprints done for free...Don't ask how I know!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Does anyone know what it costs for the Fl. CCW? I've got my DD214, so I think I don't have to take a firearms course, and just wanted to apply for the non-resident license, thanks for answering

Top Bottom