• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have been given my dad's old Lawn Boy Model 8035 (bought off an INGO member a year or 2 ago).

I know there is a Lawn Boy fan club, not sure if I want to attempt to sell it or fix it up a bit and keep it as a back up. I think the carburetor is gunked up.
    His yard needs a 2 cycle or electric for the hills. We found a couple of identical Lawn Boys on craigslist and was able to piece one together.

What say INGO?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    From prior experience back to the mid 60's, the gas evaporating during storage leaves the oil in the carb and gets gummy. Sometimes the carb is clean and the mower still runs bad. Take the muffler chamber plate off the bottom of the deck and inspect the exhaust ports. If it had a too much oil in the gas for a long time, the exhaust ports will clog up and screw up the way the engine breathes in.

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Real Lawn Boy 2 cycle engines are darn near bullet proof. I finally had to retire one due to it having almost zero compression left. :(

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I will definitely check out the exhaust port on this one. I also want to take the carb off and see if a cleaning does any good.
    Sadly I did meet one that was not bullet proof. I think it was a newer one and not a true lawn boy...

IMG_20140615_171855_zpsrcq0qnw3.jpg

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I broke a rod like that many years ago mixing the oil at 50 to 1 and learned my lesson. I replaced it with one I found on garbage day at the curb. Ive had that one for over 15 years. When im done cutting I always shut the gas off and let it run dry. Ive never had to do a thing to it other than sharpen the blade. Im a big fan. It always starts by the 3rd pull

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Older lawn-boys wrote the book on push mowers IMHO. We have one and she cuts like a dream. Wish they still made them like that.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Ive had mine 22 years and love it! starts everytime after 2-3 pulls. only issue so far is deck broke but shes been welded and still in use today!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom