• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    I've never used that particular model. For an IWB holster, I like a "body shield" to cover all of the metal slide. That's not so much an issue if it isn't worn against your skin; like under a T-shirt.

It's also nice if the muzzle is closed for summer wear. That can keep condensing/evaporating sweat out of the barrel and forward slide. Of course, if you can stay air-conditioned all day, that may not be a big issue either.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Tagua is okay, for someone who spent less than they thought at the gunstore on a pistol and decided to forego Unky Mike's nylon and get leather. Their OWB holsters are nice enough for that method of carry.

Relatively stiff, needs LOTS of break in draws, LOTS. They get soft relatively quick (quicker than Galco's thick leather holsters), but to tide one over, they aren't bad. Very pretty leather for what one pays and it stays pretty nice (doesn't crinkle up too badly with usage). For same money spent, some stores have Don Hume, which I think is along the same lines (budget holster, but anything is better than Unky Mike's nylon crap holsters) but a bit better quality in the metal fittings (not to mention, stores have either Don Hume or Tagua from what I have seen).

COMPLETELY forego Tagua's "IWB" tiny scabbard thing with a single metal clip. They are not very good, they do not hold onto the belt and need too much work to make them fit the gun. A waste of money.

Just remember, don't blame a holster completely if you have a cheap belt. I have yet to find a good belt in a local situation that will match actual, for purpose leather/nylon gunbelts. With a proper belt, Tagua is an excellent holster for beginning usage or "hold over" situations.

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Sticky - what holster would u recommend in a similar price range

Disposable Heart - so you would recommend a Don Hume over a Tagua, and do you also have a different choice in a similar price range

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    The Bianchi 100 can be found for around $40.

I also like the new model Don Hume 715 (Don Hume H715MWCS Clip-On IWB Holster with Body Shield) with the body shield when I can put a shirt between it and my skin. It would be my favorite IWB metal-clip holster if they would make it with a closed muzzle. Around $35.

There are several kydex models that are "mostly" closed muzzle, but they are a bit more expensive.

Last edited:

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    ive got one thats almost identical were the slide slicks out it dug into my side but im a large fram guy. it was great to wear while standing but not sitting mines a don hume i bought a minotaur mtac and its awsome.

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    and i only paid 25 bucks for it but if i was to start over id buy the cbst from the start the hume is soode to keep in the car and keep between the seat

Top Bottom