Any planned or possible NROI/RO certification courses?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Friction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Terre Haute
    The USPSA calendar does't have any RO classes in the area schedule for the rest of the year. Are any clubs considering hosting a course later this year?

Is there an NROI that lives in the local area (RCC, ACC, South Central?) that would be interested in hosting a class with less than the minimum number of students?

From NROI page on USPSA site:If an NROI certified instructor lives in your area, you may request that he conduct your class for fewer than the minimum number of students, provided there is no travel expense to USPSA/NROI. The host club owes NROI $40 per person for students attending a local seminar, with no minimum requirement. Additional financial assistance in hosting a seminar can be attained by obtaining an Area Marketing Plan NROI Subsidy. Under this provision, a club can host a seminar by taking advantage of available Area Marketing Plan funds. In order to do so, the club must first schedule the seminar with NROI. Next, it applies for assistance by sending a request for funds to its area director, along with a copy of the letter confirming the seminar. Once approval from the area director is received, a copy of the written funding approval should be forwarded to NROI. (A copy of the guidelines can be found at the end of this information sheet.)

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    I was thinking the same thing. There was one last Feb down at Silver Creek I think. Did not work out for me. I was hoping one might be done at Riley sometime. Not sure what it would take to get it done. I would attend though if it happens.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As far as I know, there aren't any NROI instructors in Indiana.

I haven't heard of any clubs interested on hosting a RO course this year. I suspect a club will host a course this winter.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I missed the one earlier this year due to work. So......if anyone is contemplating hosting a course in the area, I would be interested as well

gotguns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    It's probaby too close to season now but...is there any new news about whether or not there will be a class before the 2015 season kicks off? I'd probably be interested if my schedule allows.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    It's probaby too close to season now but...is there any new news about whether or not there will be a class before the 2015 season kicks off? I'd probably be interested if my schedule allows.
    You just missed the closest one I could find, which was in Cincinnati this last weekend. That was the closest one I could find on the schedule this year.

gotguns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    Thanks Fishnhunt. Figures I would be a day late or a few in this case. I couldn't have made that one anyway. I'll watch this site and NROI/USPSA closer in the future

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    REQUEST a class by filling out the Seminar Request Form. Your request should include two (2) dates that are at least 45 days into the future (indicate which of those dates is the preferred choice),

this would put it in shooting season for sure. will be working on having one but probably not until next year.

Top Bottom