• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I have been watching Jericho today and strapping on the tinfoil and a question came up. In a national crisis or area crisis such as Katrina, has there been FEMA camps really set up? I know that the superdome and other places were used as well as in Texas which could be considered a camp I guess. Also, the trailer camps that were created come to mind but nothing else comes to mind on a large scale. Can anyone think of another time or actual locations where camps have been setup or used?

I am not looking for pictures or rumors about the Beech Grove train facility or other conspiracy thoughts but factual locations in a real emergency.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I just passed the Amtrak Yard in Beech Grove and they tipped the fence in farther and put in the towers.

Atterbury had 2000 trailers set up when the Bird Flu was the latest epidemic and was going to be used as a quarantine facility. The official reason was they were going to used for troop housing. The trailers were being removed when I left in July 2010.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The trailers were being stored at Cp Atterbury, not positioned to be used for quarantine. If ever there were a situation that would have "justified" "FEMA CAMPS", it was Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. Since there were no such things activated for "the duration of the emergency", I think that particular rumor can be put to bed; especially by all those folks who were convinced GW Bush was a fascist.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Ok, it seems that there has never been any large scale camp setup. I know its a common used term about the camps but I did not know if any had actually ever been used.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Not sure if it was a fema camp, but, after about december through july (just prior to state fair) I personally hauled hundreds of mattresses out of the fairgrounds to the landfill. I was told it was for temp housing for folks that were bused up from the region. Curious afterthought, check the violent crime stats from say 2003-2007 in Indy. Wonder why that spike occured?

Top Bottom