Any recommendations for a 22lr quick detach can?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'd like to get a can that I can use on a number of 22lr's. I'd like to avoid a direct thread if at all possible.

I've got a direct thread kestral 5.56 that I leave on my precision ar-15. It gets left there because I don't want to mess up anything on the precision gun, but it's certainly left me with the idea that my next can will be a qd type that I can use on multiple guns without messing stuff up.

My only other real criteria is that I'd like to get it from a long standing company that's going to be around going forward. I may end up also getting an AAC SDN-6 in the pipeline too just for all the reasons I've mentioned above.

With that stuff said, I'm really not a suppressor guru and I'd like some recommendations.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Here's a gemtech QD adapter

https://gemtech.com/22-quick-attach-detach-adapter-for-use-with-rimfire-silencers.html

Dedicated QD 22 can

https://www.griffinarmament.com/checkmate-qd-rimfire-silencer/

I'd just get the direct thread though, don't be paranoid about the threads it would be pretty hard to damage one unless the 22 can you decide on uses some soft aluminum

On that precision gun of yours, don't be surprised if the accuracy goes away if you never take the can off. You'll get some serious crud build up around the crown if you shoot a lot

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    On the precision gun, that's one of the reasons why it hasn't been removed. Once I get something setup the way I want it, it gets left alone.

Top Bottom