Any Suggestions on NRA Pistol Instructor's Training in IN?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I've looked around this last month or two and had difficulty finding anyone doing the Instructor's Training near Indy.

Yes, I called and left a msg with Indy Gun Safety and my call wasn't returned.

The nearest / best option that's on the NRA's schedule is just South of L'ville in September. I could do that, but the time lost (now until the class) would keep me from helping some local groups requesting help through the summer.

Ideas? Suggestions?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Contact John Farquhar in West Elkton, OH. He is close to the Cincinnati area. You did send off for your FL CWL didn't you?

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I've looked around this last month or two and had difficulty finding anyone doing the Instructor's Training near Indy.

Yes, I called and left a msg with Indy Gun Safety and my call wasn't returned.

The nearest / best option that's on the NRA's schedule is just South of L'ville in September. I could do that, but the time lost (now until the class) would keep me from helping some local groups requesting help through the summer.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Sorry I didn't return your call (don't remember it) but I honestly cannot return calls only to say "Sorry we don't have a course coming up" or "Sorry we don't have any of those in stock." I just don't have time. Our schedule is always published and available online. If I'm doing an instructor course it's posted on our website, our Facebook page, and here. We tried to have one this spring but the sponsor flaked out.

The main thing is I have to take an entire weekend to do an instructor course, thus cancelling one or two basic pistol courses. I have a really hard time doing that with the demand for basic pistol being so high and so important. I make more money teaching Instructor courses, but to me Basic is more important.

Again, if I set one up it will be advertised here, on our Facebook page, and on our website. Good luck!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom