• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Look also at Sig P230/232. I have a 230 which is muchly similar to a PPK in .380/9x17, just doesn't have that Bond thing. Sweet to shoot, though.

illmaniac123

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    East Indianapolis
    The ppk and ppks are both such a heavy gun compared to all of the polymers. The high tolerances make sharp edges on the slide especially. The trigger seems to be one of the hardest double actions that Ive experienced. They are both sharp looking and seem to be a work horse though.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Thanks, guys.

Yeah, Shoots4, I admit that the sexy Sean Connery (the One True Bond) vibe is a major appeal -- at first, any way.

And the cost-to-plink factor Señor Wrigleycub mentioned... oh, yeah. I hadn't thought of that.

Am I correct in understanding from some of my reading here today that .380 ammo is pricey and hard to find, relatively speaking?

Tony

It doesn't seem hard to find for me. But, with that being said you can buy 3 boxes of 9mm for the price of one box of .380

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    Do yourself a favor and look at the Sig P232 before you purchase a PPK/S. It is a much better pistol, and you still have the Bond look.

Sig P232 Reviews:
    SIG SAUER P232 .380 ACP Pistol
    GunWeek.com

Thanks for this. I'm definitely going to look into it. It might be the solution to my problems.

(Though there's still a part of me now that's thinking about a Bersa T22 for plinking as well.)

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I (very briefly) owned an Interarms PPK/S. Very well-made. Very accurate. Very much intent on amputating my right thumb.

I wouldn't trade my Beretta 85FS Cheetah for a box-car load of them!

Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    I (very briefly) owned an Interarms PPK/S. Very well-made. Very accurate. Very much intent on amputating my right thumb.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    This was my experience exactly, but with a new PPK. It was so sexy and I wanted to like it so badly. But it was a pain in the butt to shoot and I sold it off to pay for another gun and some ammo. I don't regret not having the gun around to shoot, but it sure was nice to show off.

Top Bottom