Any thoughts or experience with a CMMG 22lr conversion kit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm thinking about a CMMG conversion kit for my AR-15. Anyone here have any experience or thoughts about them?

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have a CMMG conversion for my CMMG M4 and I like it a lot. I used to run it thru an olympic arms AR and it wasnt reliable. However in my CMMG AR it goes bang everytime. It isnt as accurate as the 5.56 but its definately good for plinking and training. I dont really shoot it beyond 50 yards with the conversion. It doesnt have a preference on ammo. It will shoot copper jacketed hollow points, lead, etc. It does make mine pretty dirty especially with lead. I always make sure to clean it really good after shooting it. Just as my rule of thumb i fire 250 rounds of .22lr before cleaning it out. But for me it was a good investment. I can fire 550 rounds for $20 instead of several hundred $$.

mmorph55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Lafayette
    I really like mine. It runs great with any kind of ammo I have put through it. Also as a perk, I will through on the spectre and use subsonic rounds. All you here is the bolt and a thud at the end of the range.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i may be in the minority here but defintally no for me. the rate of twist on a standard ar upper is all wrong for a 22 lr. basically meaning it will be inaccurate. ive been told i have to high standards but for me plinking is no fun and training is no good when the bullet doesnt go where i tell it to.

i went with a mp 15-22. its no match rifle but its accurate enough for plinking, training, and not raising my blood pressure

Top Bottom