• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    im a gravely guy. i have 3 different running walk behinds and a couple more for parts, all model L, LI, and a L8's. they seem to multiply once you get one. they are awesome machines with all the accessories you can get for them. i use one to plow snow, one for a snow blower(called the snow cannon), the other i use to sickle mow and bush hog, till, and rotary hoe. i have to admit the older i get the less i use them because they beat the heck out of you but for somethings they are the best tool for the job. the rotary hoe can make my rows for potatoes in a few minutes when raking hills would take hours. i wish i could find the backhoe and the wood splitter for mine. http://www.stevenchalmers.com/Gravely/PDFs/Brochure-TractorAnd39Attachments-S-140.pdf
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuKpPXoB0YE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg0hbnuVHM0

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Do you know anyone good at working on the things? I might manage on my own, and might not. I have two L8s that should be suitable to put into action, but they just haven't got to the top of the list yet.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    That is why I am going new with a BCS, I can get all the attachments and there are always new and improved ideas coming for it and the Grillo. My choice of one over the other comes down to having a local vendor for BCS. 68 year old company, three generations of family owned and all three still living, although the 97 year old founder does not wrench anymore. There are people up here who know and work on gravelys. That is how I first saw these things up close.

I already see picking up one or two additional used ones down the road. I truly love multipurpose tools.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    That is why I am going new with a BCS, I can get all the attachments and there are always new and improved ideas coming for it and the Grillo. My choice of one over the other comes down to having a local vendor for BCS. 68 year old company, three generations of family owned and all three still living, although the 97 year old founder does not wrench anymore. There are people up here who know and work on gravelys. That is how I first saw these things up close.

I already see picking up one or two additional used ones down the road. I truly love multipurpose tools.
    i love the hay bailer for these machines very cool

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    I am curious about how well these things plow. That could be handy.

i have a long gravel drive and use tire chains on single ag tires and it pushes like a beast. anymore than 8 wet inches i will snow blow or use the john deere.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    ive never had any luck grading my drive in the spring/summer with a walk behind. cant get enough down pressure on blade. the way the blade is curved with a tight radius the more snow against it pushes the blade down and keeps scraping but with gravel it just rides on top of it.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I have a DR field and brush mower and it is a beast. It came with a 30" snow blower attachment that really moves the snow.

Now I have a Farmall 706 now with a loader, grader box and bush hog, so it pretty much just sits in the barn.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have a John Deer walk behind that I used to cut my grass for years, good mower. Parked it when the wife started mowing and we bought a rider. Have an ATV tiller and mower that were parked when I bought a real tractor and implements.

Top Bottom