Anybody dealt with Gerber customer service?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I have a Gerber F A S T that I dropped today and the spring broke...I was putting it back in my pocket after opening a bottle of bubbles for my kids and dropped it on my sidewalk. Now it wont lock open and the spring doesnt engage. Im going to send it in on Monday. Just wonder if anyone else has had an issue and how the response was from the company.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Sweet. Im not expecting poor service. Just curious. I have quite a few Gerbers in the drawer, and I've liked all of them. I'm hopeful this goes well and I continue to.

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Gerber CS was awesome to me. I sent in my Urban Legend Multi-tool a year ago after I broke the phillips bit. I sent it in with my worn out nylon sheath. The velcro was worn out and I had worn a hole in it. They fixed my multi-tool and sent it back within 2 weeks with a brand new heavy duty sheath.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I sent in my knife yesterday, Im keeping my fingers crossed. In the mean time I picked up a small kershaw at dicks this weekend, very nice knife...a little small, sharp and locks up tight.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008

I had a Paraframe II Gerber knife that the blade was staying locked OK, but it was loose in the handle when opened. I called Gerber and explained the situation to them. They said send it to them and they would see if they could repair it, so I did. Also included a note saying that if they were going to replace the knife, I prefered one in charcoal instead of silver and with a partially serrated blade rather than a straight one. Of course, I would be glad to pay any upgrade charge this might encur.

2 weeks later, here comes a BRAND NEW IN THE BOX Paraframe II in charcoal with the partially serrated blade. As I open the package, I'm wondering what the charge will be and there is no invoice. Just a note saying that they are sorry that the original knife had failed and there was NO CHARGE for the replacement knife.

I am more than a little impressed with their customer service. They could have stuck it to me, but didn't. They could have claimed customer abuse and done nothing. They could have claimed that the warranty was never registered, but didn't. While Gerber is not a high end knife like a Russel or a Randall, it is a good quaility medium range knife and, based on this experience, I will recommend them to anyone who will listen.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Good I am glad it all worked out for you. I have not had to deal with Gerber customer service yet. Good to hear they are good and easy to deal with.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Good I am glad it all worked out for you. I have not had to deal with Gerber customer service yet. Good to hear they are good and easy to deal with.
    Me too. The only thing that I didn't like, and it's not a dealbreaker since my knife was replace, was I had no correspondence with them. I shipped my knife to them with a note as to what happened. My address, phone #, and email was on the note. I think it would be more assuring to their customers if someone could send an email stating that their problem is being addressed, or they recieved shipment. But all in all they still get a +1 from me.

Top Bottom