Anybody still upset about the NRA supporting Harry Reid in 2010?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    As the title states, the NRA's decision to support Harry Reid wasn't very popular at the time, but they gave him a boost and helped him beat Sharon Angle. A Reid loss likely would have made Chuck Schumer Senate Majority Leader. Given recent events, we are in a much much better position with Harry Reid leading the Senate that we would be with Schumer.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    It remains to be seen what he'll actually do. It's hard to believe he'll be a firewall to prohibit anti 2A legislation from coming to the Senate floor.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Well that didn't take long.

Look, Reid has risen to the upper echelon of power among elected Democrats. In our beloved system, it is not possible to get there unless you are a "Yes Man." A team player. An Establishment lackey. A sellout. When Reid's handlers pull his strings, at the chosen time, he will do what he is told. If you think he would stand against the almighty Washington DC Establishment to protect your precious rights, you are kidding yourself.

Harry Reid opens door to Senate gun control debate

120921_harry_reid_speaking_ap_328.jpg

"We need to accept the reality that we are not doing enough to protect our citizens." -- Harry Reid

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Reid has run a pro second amendment campaign. Montana also has two D senators that I don't think would vote for an AWB. Our D senator-elect should not vote for one either. It's not as bad as it may sound.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I don't have any problem with better laws to ensure the mentally ill cannot buy guns. Unfortunately, only the Aurora shooter legally purchased his arms, so maybe they could prevent/delay 1 in 10 mass shootings by such measures. That is better than doing nothing I suppose, but hardly a fix.

An AWB is what Democrats want though. Even though the Virginia Tech shooter used pistols to kill more than any other shooter. Completely eliminating all semi auto rifles therefore, would do very little, since the shooter could just as easily shoot little children with a pistol.

Even if they ban all guns with more than 10 round magazines out of existence, a shooter would just carry a couple more guns and magazines. Every mass shooter recently had many rounds of ammo remaining when his deed was done, so they don't need a hundred round magazine, or even a 15 round magazine to kill lots of people.

All they need to kill lots of people is a gun free zone loaded with people, and a weapon. Technically speaking, if one's goal was to kill as many as possible gasoline might be the best weapon. In a sick way, maybe we should be glad shooters are using guns instead of bombs or poison, which can kill more than one person at a time.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I don't have any problem with better laws to ensure the mentally ill cannot buy guns.

Wait a minute, I thought the those adjudged mentally ill couldn't purchase a firearm? I guess that by your reasoning we ALL need to be checked before the purchase of a firearm, bow, and various kitchen utensils that could harm others. Is there a portion of Obamacare that will cover each individuals psychological testing?

Top Bottom