• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Did anyone else see the new episode of No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain? The first 10 minutes of the show were of the AMAZING training classes they took prior to going to Kurtistan. Since he was going to a high risk area he and his crew took a ton of first aid and security style training. It looked like an advertisement for the facility but I cannot find anywhere on the web what it was. It was in Virginia.

http://eater.com/archives/2011/08/23/bourdain-kurdistan.php

http://blog.travelchannel.com/anthony-bourdain/read/safety-first/

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Saw the last half of it. I was impressed with Kurdistan. They've made a lot of progress and are building a great little place there. Seemed pretty peaceful and safe, compared to the rest of Iraq. Even the US Army guys were going around without body armour, because it was so safe. That says a lot. And the food looked pretty good, too.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Great show. Very relaxing to watch for some reason.

There is also an episode in Lebanon when Israel starts to bomb and shell the place. He is eventually evacuated by the US Marines.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I like him and have been wanting to see the show on Cuba since its on my bucket list. He should have kept his lips wrapped around his liquor bottle long enough not to trash Paula Dean though. What the heck was he thinking?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Interesting. I'm definitely a fan of his show, will have to look out for that episode.

It wil air next week on Monday August 29 at 8pm they always air the previous weeks show before the new one for that week.

This is one of my favorite shows. if you like his shows you will like his books they read just like his voice overs during the show.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I would like to sit around and have a few drinks with him.

Me too, but I can't tell if he is really anti gun or if he is just trying to appeal to his predominantly New York fan base.

I got a lot of anti gun vibes from him when he had the show at Ted Nugent's place. I really think he was just recognizing the irony of the situation; An inner city (New York) chef that is used o hanging in upper crust establishments standing in the woods having a genuine redneck good time with the Ted.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Me too, but I can't tell if he is really anti gun or if he is just trying to appeal to his predominantly New York fan base.

I got a lot of anti gun vibes from him when he had the show at Ted Nugent's place. I really think he was just recognizing the irony of the situation; An inner city (New York) chef that is used o hanging in upper crust establishments standing in the woods having a genuine redneck good time with the Ted.

I don't think he is so much Anti-gun as he is just "I don't like guns".

Could be wrong but that is just my:twocents:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I get the impression that he is an anti-gun liberal and self-aggrandizing, self-righteous, aloof, ego maniac. I get enough of that by watching his mayor (Michael Bloomberg) on the news.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    He seemed genuinely surprised that so many of the Kurds were pro American, and were GLAD we were there and assisted in liberating them.

Odd, I thought the Lib talking points included "...they hate us for what we did to their country"

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just watched him shoot a pig in the head, last night. Not sure that some peoples estimations of his position on guns is correct. I've watched him for years, and read his books. Nowhere have I seen an anti-gun attitude. If anything, he's kept his opinion to himself.

Last edited:

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, if you think he is anti gun, You're wrong. The new episode last night proved it. When he shot the pig, "Double tap, just like they teach ya in Jersey." I don't watch it all that often, but when I do I always come away thinking what a well made show it is. The Kurdistan show was really pretty awesome, I think I learned more about the culture in that one show than all the years of news coverage of the area.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Yeah, if you think he is anti gun, You're wrong. The new episode last night proved it. When he shot the pig, "Double tap, just like they teach ya in Jersey." I don't watch it all that often, but when I do I always come away thinking what a well made show it is. The Kurdistan show was really pretty awesome, I think I learned more about the culture in that one show than all the years of news coverage of the area.
    Shooting a pig in the head doesn't give me any information about how he feels about private gun ownership. They do that at slaughter houses all the time.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shooting a pig in the head doesn't give me any information about how he feels about private gun ownership. They do that at slaughter houses all the time.

True, I don't believe he has ever made any statement one way or the other, however. Maybe I was rash in claiming you were wrong, but nothing he has ever done or said has given me the impression he is against guns, and him shooting the pig said something for me.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    He has shot guns on the show multiple times, and always seems to enjoy himself. I don't think he has an anti gun vibe, at least not that i have ever seen put forward.

Top Bottom