• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    So I was reading some INGO posts a moment ago, and saw one about pocket knives. I thought I’ve got one of those. So I went looking for the belt it’s on. Lo and behold I found a gun I haven’t seen in about …. well I don’t know when, I’d forgotten all about it. I think I got it out last summer to do some plinking it’s clean so I must have set it aside after cleaning it and never put it back in the hidey spot. Yay for me, I’ve got a new gun.
    I lost a single action 22lr/22mag revolver for a few years and a single shot 12 gauge shotgun that was made sometime around 1910. I had no idea where I had put them, but I knew I still had them. Just couldn't figure out what I had done with them. I finally found them in a tote that had my chronograph and some bullet molds. I have no idea why I put them there, but that's where they were. In a tote that was tucked away with some hunting equipment that I don't use anymore. I think I planned on restoring the guns but then forgot all about them. I have since restored the revolver. Well, I took it apart, sandblasted it and Cerakoted it and it's a nice looking, good shooting gun again. The shotgun I still haven't shot it or restored it yet.

Mottie

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2024
    Elwood
    I was helping my Dad remodel his house. We were taking the wall down to the studs. Inside we found a snub nose revolver dismantled in a cloth bag.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Did I ever find a gun?

You mean like a top open .32 revolver that was wedged in the studs behind the shelf above the workbench in an old home I bought?

Nope, never found one
    Odd we have a similar story. Close friend of mine was remodeling a house and found a 32 caliber break top revolver hidden in the wall

IMG_5671.jpeg

We never could find any 32 shorts to feed it. It made for a fun conversation piece and “fidget spinner” for a couple of teenage boys.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I’ve heard several of the found in the wall stories, even have a relationship to one myself. While not me, I once bought a Colts Woodsman in the box w wrapping and original test target from a neighbor that said he found said beauty in the wall of his mom’s house. During renovation. Alas I was very young, and I believe just or about to become married. About 1982’ish, I needed money for my brides Christmas present and sold the gun for ~300 +/-. I’ve always regretted that sale, but justified it for the gift it provided. Heavy sigh.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I’ve found guns in the safe or stash spots I had “forgotten “ I had but never just found a gun out in the wild.

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I’ve found guns in the safe or stash spots I had “forgotten “ I had but never just found a gun out in the wild.
    That’s actually what happened to me. Went looking for a belt and knife and ran into a stashed away plinker, I kinda felt like the guy that finds a 20 dollar bill in an old jacket hanging in the closet.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    That’s actually what happened to me. Went looking for a belt and knife and ran into a stashed away plinker, I kinda felt like the guy that finds a 20 dollar bill in an old jacket hanging in the closet.
    Whenever I find money in a jacket or Jean pocket I feel rich!!!!

Top Bottom