• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Yes. I am a member there. Unbelievable place and nice folks operate it. I'm workin my way out to the 1000 yd range. Pistol range is great too. Lots of ringin swingin metal at all the ranges.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I go up about once a month. It is an all day thing. There are steel targets at all the ranges so you can work out to 300 or 400 yds with an AR easy enough. No 50s allowed but you do see a lot of high end hardware there. It's pretty much the way I would do a range/club if I could.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Youngs Long Shot Range

This place looks awesome, wish it wasn't such a far drive from me.

This place is my 2nd home. I've been a member for 2 years now and have never found a better place to shoot or met a finer bunch of people to shoot with. The owners are very concerned with safety and do everything they can to make your trip enjoyable. I shoot year round, and yes, they have the heated shooting stations for cold weather. Here's a photo taken inside the clubhouse:

338lapua.jpg

You can see how the windows drop down for winter shooting.

Folks come from Indy, Evansville, Detroit and Chicago on a regular basis. You can just plink on the pistol ranges or shoot out to 1,000 yards. Everyone I meet up there is willing to help new shooters or offer advice if you ask for it.

If you want to try the range before you join, members can have a guest shoot with them. If you're interested, I shoot about every Saturday. Let me know if you want to give the place a try and you could shoot as my guest. There are a lot of guys shooting ARs up there and one of the guys I shoot with every Saturday is shooting his AR out to 800 yards on a regular basis.

I shoot the .338 Lapua magnum in the picture and my .308 most of the time, but I have fun with my other toys as well.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That's a great looking range. How much does a yearly membership cost?

The first year is $300 and following years are $200. I consider that a great deal since they provide the Gator and fuel to run out and hang targets or paint the steel plates. They provide spray paint, shooting rests, sand bags, shooting mats, spotting scopes and cleaning equipment. They have a gas grill for shooters to use, a fridge stocked with pop and water, home made cookies, pork burger & hamburger patties, hot pockets and soup (pay for the food on the honor system). They have a coffee pot and microwave oven as well.

They are open 365 days a year. Hours are from 10:00 am until dark Mon - Sat, and 12:00 until dark on Sunday.

krs2fer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Thanks Dave Doehrman, That sounds like a great price for everything they offer, and it's only about 35 miles from where I live.
    I'll be taking a drive up there to have a look around. Thanks again.

Darn, home made cookies and a coffee pot, I just might move in.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom