Anyone familiar with the Mossberg 930 12ga?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Every once in a while I start thinking about buying a semi auto 12ga shotgun. I've shot a remington 1100 before and I really liked how it felt like the recoil was much less than a pump.

I've seen the mossberg 930 combos for sale online and they seem like a pretty good deal. The 18" barrel for around the house, and the 28" barrel for out at the range. If any of you have any experience with the mossberg 930 I'd love to hear about it. For the money the combo seems to be the best deal out there.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I only wish I'd fired one...

But I hear and read good things about them!!

Mainly how they're supposed to digest any and everything you throw at them, even if you have all different loadings in the magazine.

Other semi-auto shotguns require the changing of O-rings in the gas system or the turning of a knob on the gas system in order to "tune" how it works. With the 930, you don't have to do this.

If I were flush with cash, I like to think that I'd buy one for myself and sell my 870... But, I'm NOT flush with cash.

-J-

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The problem I always have is why buy another shotgun when I've already got an 870?

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I have a 930, with the following barrels:

- 18.5" tactical barrel
    - 18.5" tactical "Special Purpose" barrel (stand-off muzzle)
    - 24" ported barrel w/fiber-optic front bead
    - 24" ported, cantilevered, fully-rifled barrel

It shoots like a dream. I've used it for deer, turkey, grouse, pheasant, 3-gun, and trap. The trigger is good, and being left-handed I like the top-tang safety (I shoot right and left-handed pretty interchangeably). Got the mag extension tube from TacStar that adds +2 to it, and with one of the short barrels, it's a great walk-in-the-bear-woods or home defense gun.

I've had Benelli's, Brownings, and a Beretta, and I like the feel and flexibility (and the price point) of the 930 better than any of them. Hope this helps -- good luck!

Specialized

SteelersFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Muncie
    I got one and love it. First summer I had it I ran around 1200 rounds though it, 1000 of that was cheap Walmart bulk bird shot didn't clean it for 600 and had no trouble.

Top Bottom