Anyone have any experience with Dell notebooks?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Before you buy anything...have your wife check with the school. Most colleges have awesome direct purchase deals for their students now. They usually have to buy via the campus bookstore but they can save hundreds and get MUCH better systems. I have had two dell laptops and my last four have been from HP. I won't ever buy a Dell again. I had such nightmares from their service department.

Service was top notch with my xps...hard drive died one day, called them up and had my new hard drive on my doorstep next day.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Before you buy anything...have your wife check with the school. Most colleges have awesome direct purchase deals for their students now. They usually have to buy via the campus bookstore but they can save hundreds and get MUCH better systems. I have had two dell laptops and my last four have been from HP. I won't ever buy a Dell again. I had such nightmares from their service department.

^^^ This for checking with the school and with Dell website because they offer a student discount. One thing to remember aobut Dell is that they are product specific, meaning they only use Dell components. So when you have problems you can't replace a part with a generic part or upgrade the memory that isn't Dell specific.

We've dealt with both Dell and HP laptops. Like with all things you have some who like one or the other for what ever reason. Dell has been around long enough to have long term loyal customers and have always been cooperative to help fix problems.
    Good Luck.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My first laptop was a Dell, my brother shot the screen with a BB gun. It was cool when I had it.

My second was an Acer. Power port broke right after warranty ran out.

Third was an HP netbook, I suspect my dog for destroying the screen on that one.

Top Bottom