• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    After leaving the Owensboro gun show today I went ahead down to Whittaker's and bought a handgun. We were cussing and discussing the need for shipping. Then the guy says that we could call my FFL and have him FAX them a letter appointing me his courier. I could then take the gun to him myself for transfer. We tried but my FFL was home and didn't have access to FAX. Darn the luck. BTW, the gun I bought was a HiPoint. Let the flames begin.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I used one today to hammer in a loose nail. It worked well, why does everyone complain?
    Sorry I have a stupid comment and no legit answer but I'm curious.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    They're generally a very budget-minded firearm. They're ugly as sin, and twice as heavy on your belt....but the general consensus is that they go bang when you pull the trigger, and function very well as blunt force weapons in addition to their ballistic capabilities.

Bottom line, if you're dirt floor poor and need a defensive handgun, there isn't much else, (new, at least,) in that price range.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You'll hear a lot of crap about HP's. I don't have one, but I've seen. They're ugly, non-ergonomic, bad to strip, and cheaply made, but their warranty seems to be awesome, and I saw a couple of guys try to destroy two of them. They were pretty frustrated. Imagine driving a threaded screw into the barrel, firing it, then still being able to put bullets on paper afterward. The videos are on youtube somewhere. It was astounding.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I bought a pistol at the Great Eastern in Louisville a few years ago and the dealer, whom I had met at a few gun shows in Indiana sometime earlier, let me walk it to a FFL in New Albany to do the transfer. I got the feeling that what he was letting me do wasn't actually kosher but I wanted to take the gun home that day and it worked out.

As far as Indiana residents, at least in the Evansville area, buying from Whittakers the guy who does the transfers in Evansville drives to Whittakers every Saturday late afternoon and picks up all the pistols sold that he'll be transferring. He charges $25 dollars for the whole deal. You pay Ky sales tax when you pay Whittakers for the gun.

The best deal going is to order a gun from Bud's Guns (budsgunshop.com) and he ships it to the same guy here to do the transfer. You don't pay any sales tax and I understand they ship pretty fast.

Top Bottom