• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    My closet shelves ripped off the wall so there is a bunch of areas needing fixed. Not many holes but it looks rough now and I need to get it prepped for paint. Anyone do this type of work on the side?

i live in Brownsburg and I'm looking to get this done quick.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Are you talking about nail holes and such; maybe a few dings and divets? If so, that's pretty easy to do yourself with spackle.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I do my own, but I'm so CDO about my drywall it's all I can do not to hunt down the vandals that built this house and punch them in the face. What you want to do is dead easy, though. If it's just holes and dents, get a small container of drywall mud and a putty knife, work it into the holes, let it set, sand, repeat. Three times should do it; the mud shrinks a bit as it sets. Mud it, get it smooth, prime it and paint it. Can't see having $15 and 1/2 hour into it spread over a couple of days.

sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    no it's bigger than nail holes. pullin off caulk has ripped the dry wall down to something that looks like cardboard. I need to get it all prepped for paint.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    no it's bigger than nail holes. pullin off caulk has ripped the dry wall down to something that looks like cardboard. I need to get it all prepped for paint.

Same process.

Stop by Lowes, go down the commercial desk (lumber) ask for Jason or Don or Todd, tell them what you need to do. Easy to do yourself.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Same process.

Stop by Lowes, go down the commercial desk (lumber) ask for Jason or Don or Todd, tell them what you need to do. Easy to do yourself.

There are probably youtube videos out there that will show you how to do it. It's really not hard to do. It takes a little patience and a new tool or 2 for your toolbox.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I do, PM Sent.

I do alot of skimming, surface repair, but my friend " Drywall Jamie " can help with the bigger gigs, hanging, complete demo, textures. Pm for info.
    He has helped a few Ingoers out.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I usually put too much mud on and sand too much off. I get huge piles of dust but eventually I get it looking nice.:)

If I have a lot to do, I will hire it out. The pros are like artists.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I usually put too much mud on and sand too much off. I get huge piles of dust but eventually I get it looking nice.:)

If I have a lot to do, I will hire it out. The good pros are like artists.

I've seen the work of some "pros" that looked like it was done by a group of bibulous preschoolers.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've seen the work of some "pros" that looked like it was done by a group of bibulous preschoolers.

I hear you there. That is one of the reasons I do most everything myself. If I am going to pay someone, they better do it as good or better(if possible:)) than I can.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'd almost be tempted to pay for it, but I've never seen any evidence that there is anyone on the planet that could do drywall better than me at any price, and if it's not straight up perfect it makes me want to punch someone in the face. You have to take that with me wanting to punch someone in the face trying to make it perfect myself. Just keep me away from your walls unless you're really into the DSM V.

Top Bottom