Anyone here have a Derksen made building/shed/cabin?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    home | Derksen Portable Buildings

I'm thinking of having a 10X20 cabin setup on a property down in Texas. They seem to have a lot of Derksen dealers there, and there is one very near the property I have down there. It's just a gutted interior, but plan on (roughly) finishing it out to make it 'liveable'. (AKA, insulating it, doing some rough interior work and slapping some paint and shade on the outside + solar array to power evaporative cooler, gable fan and some lights and other small items)

I've seen a lot of examples of them being used, but haven't found any 'raving' reviews. Found a few negative reviews, but they appear to be more geared towards individual dealerships than they are the workmanship.

These are build in Kentucky by Mennonites and seem pretty decent all things considered. A 10X20 unfinished cabin is about $4,500 which isn't horrible considering delivery and setup is included and worth the convenience of having a properly built structure delivered that only requires finishing.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You can have local amish put up the same size pole barn for cheaper my 24x32 with 16x8 insulated overhead door cost me 9500, and the door was 1200 of that.... just the shell package w/out concrete was around 5500.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Well, due to my situation it's easier to just have a pre-built one made. I'll only have a couple weeks in the general area later this year and just want to have one dropped off that I can immediately get working on. That way, when I return next year or any time after that I'll have a place to stay that isn't a hotel or camping on the property.

Good pricing on the Amish built barn though. Don't think there are any Amish craftsmen living in the desert near my property though. :)

Top Bottom