• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orangeITguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    The Heart
    I would like to know this as well. I have been researing knife throwing for the last week or so. Just wanting to add it to my bag of goodies of self defense.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I think that it Is a fun hobby but in a self defense situation it would not be a top choice in my book. In a self defense situation you would be throwing your weapon away and say you miss you just armed the other guy. It's fun to do and cool in movies but in self defense not practical just my :twocents:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've dabbled in it, but never really got very good. The best thrower I've ever owned was one of Jeff Whites. The damn thing is so heavy, it can't help but to stick. Plus Jeff actually makes them, and they're relatively cheap. Personally though, I prefer throwing a hawk. My 2 Hawks competition thrower works incredibly well.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I can tell you its freakin' hard. Tomahawks are way more fun and easy.

I've dabbled in it, but never really got very good. The best thrower I've ever owned was one of Jeff Whites. The damn thing is so heavy, it can't help but to stick. Plus Jeff actually makes them, and they're relatively cheap. Personally though, I prefer throwing a hawk. My 2 Hawks competition thrower works incredibly well.

Will any tomahawk work or does it have to be a special throwing tomahawk?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The best thrower I've ever owned was one of Jeff Whites. The damn thing is so heavy, it can't help but to stick. Plus Jeff actually makes them, and they're relatively cheap.

not cheap, inexpensive! big differance!, to me cheap means low quality- inexpensive means good quality and low cost!

i had a jeff white thrower(i gave it to my dad after some ass stole his car and took his jeff white thrower) its a beast! but im getting kinda worried about jeff, his website has been out of stock on everything since memorial day!
    Blade Smith
    i bought one of his trade knives at the spirit of vincennes rendezvous its awesome, but i wish i'd have got one with the red curly not the brown, AWESOME knife and great price, and if you ever talk to jeff, he's a hoot!

but op, i'd buy a jeff white if you can find one!

orangeITguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    The Heart
    My way of thinking on knife throwing is more of a last resort type of defense, your out of ammo, already threw your gun at the BG, my legs are broken so I cant use my Krav training so i will grab a throwing knife and try to stick the BG in the chest or throat. :starwars:

Top Bottom