• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    OK, so when I was 16 or 17 I was given a compound bow. I played with it for a while but shooting arrows, then having to go get them to come back and do it again was too much work.... so it's been sitting for years. I am sure it'll need a new string. IIRC it was a 100lb bow.

Any ideas what it's worth? I need to sell it to purchase the PX4 sub-compact I'm wanting to buy, but I have no clue what this thing is worth.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Resell value of bows isnt much,You can buy a 1000 dollar bow this year and only get 4 to 5 hundred the next. Its all about the latest and greatest with archery.
    I just bought a 2010 Hoyt that was 1400 new for 500.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    IIRC, it's a Jennings and it has the arrow holder on one side that held 4 or 5 arrows. I'm picking it up this weekend and I'll get some pics. It's literally been years since I've seen it/picked it up. Bows were just too much work for me! :lol:

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    IIRC, it's a Jennings and it has the arrow holder on one side that held 4 or 5 arrows. I'm picking it up this weekend and I'll get some pics. It's literally been years since I've seen it/picked it up. Bows were just too much work for me! :lol:

Jennings made one of the first compounds. You have a pic of it? Someone may be interested if its one of the first production compounds.
    You never know ,what someone will give, I never had any luck selling bows, but who knows.
    Is this bow solid black? With T handles on the limbs?

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Like I said, it's been forever since I've even seen it. It's stashed away in my old closet at the folks house. I'll get it home this weekend and get some pics and maybe you can help me identify this thing. I think I got it when I was 16, that was 19 years ago and it was not new then. It was a used, hand-me-down but in really good condition.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ....... IIRC it was a 100lb bow........

Holy Cow!!! How do you even hold that thing up!? :dunno:

Must take some tremendous forearm strength to keep it steady.

I think the newer ones are made of carbon fiber or something and are therefore much lighter. :twocents:

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    jenningsallen.jpg

This is the old Jennings Allen I was thinking of.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Here it is:
    SDC10114.jpg

It's a Jennings Starlite. Has the 25th anniversary edition (1954-1979) medallion. Still smooth action, good shape.

Any ideas?

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    If you can get $25 out of it you better sell it. I recently traded 2 boxes of Al. cased 45 ammo for a 5 year old bow and 8 arrows. Yours , well, you'll be lucky to sell it I think.

Top Bottom