anyone making odd sized a2 front sights?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • st8kfinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2016
    north east
    Anyone know of any companys making oddball sized fixed front sights for ar15's or if i can have a .650 front sight bored out to .740 without strength issues? The reason I'm asking is I want to make a colt 6920 into a non hibilly rigged mock dissipator and the barrel is .740 ish at the rifle length position and I have searched the internet for a .740 front sigh with no luck. After buying a mid length rifle i do not care to own a carbine length and I have been eyeballing dissipators because I want to stick with the fixed front sight so i figured i would make one out of my 6920 because I cannot sell it for enough to build a palametto rifle.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Tell us exactly what you want. Barrel, gas system length, and type of gas block and sight. And you do want a dizzy set up? Is that correct? Your post is very confusing. You wont find an A2 post sight in .740. They're .750.

st8kfinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2016
    north east
    Tell us exactly what you want. Barrel, gas system length, and type of gas block and sight. And you do want a dizzy set up? Is that correct? Your post is very confusing. You wont find an A2 post sight in .740. They're .750.
    I would like to keep the colt a carbine length gas system and cut the existing front sight down making the existing sight a gas block and pinning a new front sight at the rifle length position. Windham makes a barrel like I want but i would rather use my factory colt barrel, that's why I ask if anyone made front sights in oddball sizes or if I could just have a .650 diameter front sight block bored out to the size I needed.

Bsj425

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Jeffersonville
    I think you would possibly have cycling issues. This is why most dissipators are done on h-bar or pencil barrels where the diameter is constant. I have never seen one on a M4 profile.

Eta I see you're taking about for the site not for the actual gas tube. You may be able to bore a standard FSB without issue to get it to work.

Top Bottom