Anyone own a Browning light weight take down lever action rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB75

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    fort wayne
    I've been looking at a blr light weight take down rifle for hunting and wondered if anyone out there had one that could give me a real reveiw of it. I was looking at a 300 win mag for a bear gun

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a BLR in 450 Marlin and 270 Win (wished they made it in 338 Win!).

Great guns! I really hate Browning's gloss finish, as it shows every scratch. I have the 270 redone in matte finish, the 450 is still gloss. They are both about 1.5" at 100 yards, have gone up the mountain for black bears and Muleys, and are terrific guns.

I've never had load or feed problems, and have shot the 270 in -10 temps, good to go.

Get a used one, if you really hate it, you can get you money back on Gunbroker ina week, they sell well.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    It is going to hurt in 300 win mag. Light weight short rifle in heavy recoil caliber equals a bit of pain on both ends.

They are great rifles, Make sure the trigger pull is what you need starting out as trigger jobs are hard to find anyone to do.

Mine is the old steel version 308, Non takedown, so it is not what you would want reviewed but close enough to respond.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    What kind of bear?

LOL, you won't get a real world review from me, but the .358 Win would be my choice for a BLR... they do make a .325 WSM though.

In .358 I'd take a 200gr-225gr for black bear/mulies/elk out to maybe 250 yards, and a 250gr for brown/grizzly out to 100 yards, maybe more.

And I'd take a .338-06 over a .300 Win Mag, no good reason why, just preference I guess.

Top Bottom