• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    looking for some people to team up with to survive on arma2/dayZ mod for people who don't know its a shooter type game and dayZ adds zombies to the equation (sp) where u have to go around looking for weapons, food, medicine, to see how long u can survive, also can PvP and kill other people

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Love A2, but had to drop out before dayZ really got going. (Crashed a vidcard.) Even dev'd a couple mods. :)

The BI forums were always pretty active, so I'd suggest looking around there for people, too. I've heard really positive things about dayZ from people I really respect.

If you're looking for another site to try, aim for frugals-world.com and the OFP/tactical shooter subforum. Great group of people there.

Smokle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    No clue what the hell you two are talking about! lol

here is alil "About DayZ"

Day Z is a zombie apocalypse mod for the military simulator Arma 2 and its standalone expansion pack, ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. It assigns the player to the role of human survivor and drops them into a bleak wilderness dotted with villages and small cities. The once thriving farms, schools, and factories are now home to the ravenous infected and other players (potential friend or possible foe?).
    Throughout the game, the survivors must scavenge for resources such as weapons, ammunition and medical supplies. Unlike other zombie games, food and drink are also needed to satiate hunger and thirst. These needs arise over time but are accelerated by exertion such as running through the huge environment that is Chernarus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A7Q8c8jnL3s#!

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    I play along with a few other people on INGO. We played the crap out of DayZ and are now playing wasteland.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    wasteland and now Invasion 44... wasteland is objective based warfare. 3 factions which can build bases, attack and destroy enemy bases, and capture objectives like tanks, helicopters, weapons crates, etc. its really fun. and invasion 44 is brand new (graphics suck though, but very fun) version of wasteland but with WW2 weapons and vehicles.
    If you are interested in join up my steam name is Helen_Keller87.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    From my research a couple years ago, Arma is the best realistic "simulation" (as opposed to just entertainment) game, since Americas Army.

I am excited about these maps, and may even buy a new PC just to play. I cannot stand any games on XBox because of the lame controllers. PC games let you move in real time and not need aim assist and such garbage that kiddies use.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    got arma 2 from steam, but couldnt figure out how to get dayZ working, so i gave up....seemed really cool, but way too much work just to try and play

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    For those who may be interested in Arma as a simulation, it is a close cousin to the military-grade simulator VBS2. Different development branches of the same engine.

Some of the mods available for it exceed some of the VBS2 capabilities, too. It can be as "realistic" as a simulation can be.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    My oldest son plays it a lot and swears it made him much better at ARMY land-nav. I have watched him play ARMA and Day Z and it is way, way over my head. He plays with a bunch of his ARMY buds, former DS's and other cadre on some server that he said he had to be military to join. I don't know much about all of that, but it seems to be an absolutely incredible military simulator.

When he plays he will have maps spread-out and his compass, note pads, headset mic, etc...sometimes he wears his helmet too. I think his mother believes him to be a super geek. He says he's a 99 Zulu (mos = combat ninja).

Dirty Steve

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Used to play, but hacking and general bugginess (it is an alpha build) really ruined the experience for me. I'm waiting for the standalone version to come out before I think about it again.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    armedindy... u can download things like "play with six" / "six launcher" and you can download a bunch of mods for arma2... dayZ, wasteland, ACE, invasion 44, etc.
    hacksawfg.... the hacking is bad for sure, but if you play on private servers, especially ones with good admins, hackers aren't as much of a problem, and if they are, they get banned in a matter of minutes.

Smokle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    got arma 2 from steam, but couldnt figure out how to get dayZ working, so i gave up....seemed really cool, but way too much work just to try and play

did u try this? I used this to setup mine, but I also didn't use steam, they provide steam instructions How to install DayZ - DayZ Wiki

I have ARMA II I may need to look into this.

aslong as u have the operation arrowhead I think is the name expansion you can play dayZ mod, its a free mod u download

Top Bottom