• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I love all my Charter Arms .38 specials. They are great guns for a little more than half the price of a S&W. They have a long history of excellence. As someone left eye dominant who shoots everything left handed, I got the chance to handle one at Whittaker Guns near Evansville. It was awesome, if I could have bought the gun there, I would have taken it home promptly. To bad the girlfriend at the time wanted the Charter Arms Pink Lady.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I love all my Charter Arms .38 specials. They are great guns for a little more than half the price of a S&W. They have a long history of excellence. As someone left eye dominant who shoots everything left handed, I got the chance to handle one at Whittaker Guns near Evansville. It was awesome, if I could have bought the gun there, I would have taken it home promptly. To bad the girlfriend at the time wanted the Charter Arms Pink Lady.

Good to know...I have wanted a little snubbie for CC......sometimes the MP Pro 9mm with the 5" barrel is just a bit big. :)

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I have a... *ahem*... my wife has a Pink Lady. She is left handed. The gun is not, but I will be putting rounds through it myself, as well as any people that I teach, so if anything goes wrong I will update my review.

Properly executed, a left-hander can reload as fast, if not faster than a right handed person on a "right handed" revolver.

Find Masaad Ayoob on youtube, he shows you how... I think it's called "stress reload".

Once you practice it (left handed) you almost wish the right handed revolvers swung out the other way.

(I write, eat, and bat left handed, but I am right eye dominant, shoot and throw right handed and do most things right handed)

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I currently own 1 Charter Arms revolver and I have fired several others and have always been pleased with their performance. Never had an issue with any of them. I would not hesitate to purchase another one down the road.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have a... *ahem*... my wife has a Pink Lady. She is left handed. The gun is not, but I will be putting rounds through it myself, as well as any people that I teach, so if anything goes wrong I will update my review.

Properly executed, a left-hander can reload as fast, if not faster than a right handed person on a "right handed" revolver.

Find Masaad Ayoob on youtube, he shows you how... I think it's called "stress reload".

Once you practice it (left handed) you almost wish the right handed revolvers swung out the other way.

(I write, eat, and bat left handed, but I am right eye dominant, shoot and throw right handed and do most things right handed)

I've shot a number of revolvers over the years....one of the things I like about revolvers is that they are more user friendly to lefties than most semi's. But i do like the idea of it being set up for a true lefty. I golf and bat right handed...but everything else is left. Including eye dominance.

I have been considering a S&W 637 snubbie.......but I like the left handed idea. Just not very familiar with Charter Arms, having never owned one.

One of my favorite guns that I regret MOST about getting rid of was my Remington 870 Wingmaster LEFT handed.

mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    I had a Bulldog Pug until a few years ago, and I had no complaints about it. The trigger wasn't too terribly awful either. The stock grips were worthless, so I found some Pachmayr Compacs at a gunshow and that helped a lot.

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    I bought a Charter .44 Bulldog 3" in 1981 and have never felt bad about it.As a matter fo fact I am now looking for a .22 Pathfinder 4".I they have good quality and are made in the USA at a reasonable price.What more could you ask for.

Top Bottom