Anyone usedUSA Ammo? Specifically in 10mm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    In a never ending search for decent, commercially available 10mm range ammo, I came across USA Ammo that offers both FMJ and JHP for a good price. I know the JHP is not gonna compare to DoubleTap, Corbon, Buffalo Bore, etc, but it has to be AT LEAST as good as the Blazer that I'm currently using and at a better price....right?? So let me know about your experience with USA Ammo. There is only one review for the 10mm so that's not a large enough experience pool for me to rely on. :ingo:

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    There has been a lot of threads about USA ammo. I did a review thread about 6 months ago. I have not used USA ammo since they stopped manufacturing ammo and switched to all new stuff. Some ppl have said it has taken awhile to get the ammo shipped. I would say the actual ammo will treat you well. As long as they get the order shipped in a reasonable amount of time.

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    Their website now show the amount available. As long as it's in stock, the main problem they have had goes away. Well, other than whatever problem caused them to stop selling reloads. Which went away when they stopped selling it.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Used some about 8 years ago, dirty as hell, inconsistent powder charges, mixed headstamp brass, lot of unburned powder on the table under the muzzle.

I'd shy away from it.

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I have used alot of 223, 9mm, 40 s&w, 380, never had any problems with it I really like it. But don't be in a hurrywhen you buy it, they are slow on the shipping but I think their trying to get better.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Another INGOer received these from USA Ammo (maybe that's why they stopped the reloads):
    picture.php

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I just went and shot 150 rounds of 9MM USA Ammo today. I usually use S&B and will give a comparison. I used my CZ 75 SP01 Shadow and over the course of the morning had 1 FTF and a couple of times could not chamber smoothly on the first round of a magazine. I shot decently with the ammo itself, I had targets at both 10 yards and 25 yards at MCFG.

I switched to my S&B and went through another 150 rounds without any FTF's or chambering issues at all.

When I got done my hands were DIRTY. I had to really scrub them, and after I got home and disassembled my CZ the inside was BLACK and covered with powder. I've shot about 1500 rounds of L&B through this gun and my Phantom without any major buildup of powder and within 150 rounds of the USAAmmo stuff I needed to thoroughly scrub the inside of my Shadow.

Top Bottom