• ...and so much more!
  • bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I see Magtech ammo everywhere online. It's usually priced at almost half of the "popular" brands (Federal HST, Speer Gold Dot, Remington Golden Sabre, Winchester Ranger). The thing is I never hear of anyone actually using it. :dunno:

A friend of mine had some FMJ once at the range. It seemed decent enough. Couldn't tell it from any of the other ammo we were firing that day.

Do any of you use Magtech ammo on a regular basis? How about their Guardian Gold line? Or the "First Defense" line that appears to utilize the same or similar bullet as the coveted Corbon DPX?

Link to SD ammo: Self Defense

Why isn't this more popular?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have shot a lot of Magtech through various guns. I have a couple of boxes of 180 grain .40 JHP in the blue box, it runs great and I have had no issues with it. If we get together at the range, I'll let you try some if you like.

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    I have used over 200 rounds of Magtech .308 there my M1A and not had a problem. With my National Match rifle and this ammo Im still reaching 500 yards. So its not bad but It doesn't quite have the accuracy to do much past that. I can dance around the 750.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I used several boxes in a couple of calibers with no issue. The brass was marked cbc, which I think is an arms company in Brazil. I think it is fine.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Not my first choice for SD, but would work if needed. Their FMJ stuff is okay, nice components. The copper bullets (all copper JHP) for component work (handloading) make a great practice round and lets you save your Barnes copper JHP for social work.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    It's all been reliable and fairly clean for me.
    Had very good results in a 686 Smith. Have a Ruger 77/44 that shoots like crap with Magtech. That's just a 2 gun sample. Need to try the .44 mag load in a Super Blackhawk. It may shoot better than it did in the .44 rifle lol.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    The stuff runs great, really accurate, but dirty as all hell. Be sure to do a very good cleaning job after putting through more than 15 rounds.

Top Bottom