• JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I received this email the other day for a handgun I had listed on Armslist:
    "I'll buy it, I am from Ohio, looking for a good ccw gun"

My response went something like ummm.... no.

Why couldn't you request his preferred FFL and tack on the shipping fee? :dunno:
    Just curious.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Why couldn't you request his preferred FFL and tack on the shipping fee? :dunno:
    Just curious.
    ^This^ It's not illegal to sell a firearm across state lines if you run it through FFLs. Now if you were to do as JG suggested and they weren't willing to go that route then you know what the deal is.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    He said the sheriff told him it was OK!

This is his first mistake... in my limited experience, the local law enforcement officers are NOT a good source on ATF regulations.

I had one tell me (a retired one) that the silencer I am in the processes of waiting for...

I had to have a permit to own it AND had to be mounted to 1 gun ONLY and couldn't be removed from that gun or used on any other gun...

:):

I politely told him "thanks for the information"

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    i didnt know that there were handgun ar receivers and rifle ar receivers???

is there a way to tell the difference?

From my understanding when you purchase a new stripped receiver and have it transferred it isn't classified as either rifle or pistol... but rather just "firearm" (If my info is correct)....

From there you can decide which direction to go... just remember that once it has a buttstock on it, it is considered a rifle and can no longer ever be a pistol. However if you make it a pistol, you can later get the tax stamp from the ATF and make it a SBR.

I assume that if you purchase a "complete" lower receiver with buttstock already installed, it gets transferred as a "rifle"

A little clarification from some of the vets on here would be appreciated as my next project is an AR pistol --> SBR build.

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Question, I have sold a few GSG5 pistols registered as pistols. All of them came with a manual with the fake suppressed rifle on the cover. Did that one have a detachable stock somewhere in the box, or a fold-able stock I just can't see?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Stuff like this pops up from time to time and I wonder as well.

Could anybody be that stoopid? :dunno:

Yes, yes I could. Stupid stuff like the aforementioned regs would never even occur to me. When I looked at the ad, there was absolutely nothing that rang a bell in my head. I have never researched NFA rules. Ever. At all. So I could probably get myself in trouble pretty easily without even suspecting that I was on thin ice.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Just curious.

I don't ship firearms or ammo. I realize it's not hard to do, just my preference. I will only ship accessories. I like to meet the person I'm selling a firearm or ammo to face to face.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom