• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    With all the talk about new gun control measures at the State and Federal level, here's a question for everyone? Are they any gun control measures that you as a respectable, law abiding citizen could support? Or rather, are they any measures that you could tolerate? Why or why not?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If someone could show me a way to reduce violent crime and not simply produce more "gun free zones" that make shooting galleries of public places. Unfortunately, I don't see this as possible.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    I'm sure there are certain things I could deal with. I would first like to no what a AWB REALLY means? Grandfather clause for already owned weapons,just banning magazines,ect? To much bs out there right now..

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    If someone could show me a way to reduce violent crime and not simply produce more "gun free zones" that make shooting galleries of public places. Unfortunately, I don't see this as possible.

Too many people here the words "gun free" and imagine some sort of mystical force field to keep them safe. It's like a security blanket, it makes people feel good but it doesn't do anything to stop a gang banger or a psychopath.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Could anyone live with say....no AWB but no mags over 10 to 15 rounds or something? Because I think high capacity mags would be easier to target than the millions of already legally owned Ar-15's, AK-47's and the like.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am against any new restrictions on guns. I would accept them getting rid of the idea of gun free zones though.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Are they any gun control measures that you as a respectable, law abiding citizen could support?
    Sure. Lots of gun owners are also are also anti-freedom. Some 40% of Democrats own guns. They just think YOU shouldn't.

are they any measures that you could tolerate?
    No. Too many the way it is.

Why or why not?
    They plain and simply don't do ANYTHING other than a) increase violence, and b) criminalize otherwise honest citizens.

Here is a compromise: Remove the already ineffective legislation, and maybe I'll vote for you in the future.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Yes:

1. Allowing armed teachers, administrators and parents onto school property to help ensure the safety of our kids.

2. CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY and National RECIPROCITY.

3. More ranges with training classes to help properly train gun owners.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Yes:

1. Allowing armed teachers, administrators and parents onto school property to help ensure the safety of our kids.

2. CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY and National RECIPROCITY.

3. More ranges with training classes to help properly train gun owners.

What would you say to mandatory firearms training as a requirement to getting a LCTH? Or to take it a step further (which I don't support) training to own a long gun?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    With all the talk about new gun control measures at the State and Federal level, here's a question for everyone? Are they any gun control measures that you as a respectable, law abiding citizen could support? Or rather, are they any measures that you could tolerate? Why or why not?
    I could support a gun control measure requiring all Americans to own a firearm for self defense since the police are just minutes away.

other than that. There are too many victim creation laws already.

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel

Shall no be infringed!!!!!! All gun "laws" are wrong.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I could support a gun control measure requiring all Americans to own a firearm for self defense since the police are just minutes away.

other than that. There are too many victim creation laws already.

Yeah I got into an arguement with my younger sister over a similar statement I made. She's big into karate and self defense and I think relies too much on 911. Yes, it is good to call the police, but in the time it takes for them to get there, no matter how good the response time is, ALOT can go horribly wrong very fast.

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    What would you say to mandatory firearms training as a requirement to getting a LCTH? Or to take it a step further (which I don't support) training to own a long gun?

Anything mandatory is wrong. Who are you or I to tell someone what they should do? We all have unlimited freedom we cant mandate anyone to do anything. Its called liberty we all have it and cant be granted it. Live Free or Die!

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    There should be no new gun regs. We law abiding citizens shouldn't be punished because of other people's issues. We should be more focused on the Individual than the weapon. Guns are inanimate objects they don't kill people nutjobs do.

Top Bottom