• ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Apex DCAEK w/Polymer Trigger Install

I just put the carry kit from apex in my M&P 9c. I opted for the polymer trigger with the kit I got and used the 4 lb spring.

The kit is awesome...works mostly great. Took time to put in...but overall was great. Only issue I have is I have, with maybe 50-75 rounds through it...about 3-4 Failure to Fires. I eject it and it has hit...and looks to have hit HARD(its a good dimple) but it hasnt' fired. I run it back through and it went off each time. I am not sure if its my reloads or something wrong with my install. NEVER have had issues with the gun in the past. As its my carry gun, not going to 'settle' with it.

Anyway, I noticed the trigger bar 'modification' video and watched it. It only talks about the stiker not moving at all...not about other issues. I also saw they talk about 'overtravel' past striker release. I don't 'think' I have any overtravel. It has 1/16" or so when the striker releases...then it goes straight to the stop. I'm wondering if the striker occasionally 'drags' over the relase button(sorry I am probably not using proper terms).

Or it could just be bad ammo. I'm thinking of getting a box or 2 of fresh factory ammo and seeing if I have any issues with it. If I don't...going to write it off as bad reloads(don't leave primer box sit open in garage all summer maybe).

Thoughts?

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    FYI, and to avoid future parts confusion, if you have the carry kit and the polymer trigger, you do NOT have the FSS. Although the triggers look very similar, the FSS kit changes the whole geometry of the trigger and is not compatible with the DCAEK of CompAEK.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Took it back out today and performed flawlessly. 50-60 rounds of factory new ammo and about 20 of my reloads. <shrug>

The package does say 'Polymer Forward Set Sear' btw...saw it on the bench this AM

Top Bottom