• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I'm looking to add this to my USPSA Production gun-M&P Pro. Anyone have experience with them? Also does anyone have any insight as to where to find them cheaper online or local? Thank you.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Apex parts are awesome! I've got multiple items in multiple M&Ps and will never look back.

as for cheaper, I've always bought my stuff direct so I can't answer that part.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have bought and installed this kit on a M&P I used to own. Have installed them on many of my friends M&P's. To bad the Apex FSS Trigger kit isn't production legal. I installed the FSS Trigger kit with the Competition Spring kit on a friends M&P that he uses for limited division and it made a very light amazing trigger pull.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I had problems with where it wasn't reseting. I went back to factory.

Simple adjustment in the loop in the trigger bar to correct the reset issue.. Apex parts aren't always "drop in" but they do work VERY well when installed and adjusted properly. I've done more than a few Apex setups and never had an insurmountable problem with any of them.

Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have bought and installed this kit on a M&P I used to own. Have installed them on many of my friends M&P's. To bad the Apex FSS Trigger kit isn't production legal. I installed the FSS Trigger kit with the Competition Spring kit on a friends M&P that he uses for limited division and it made a very light amazing trigger pull.

I was thinking of getting the internals kit only for my M&P to keep it in production class. Keep putting it off, though, as I only have a 1000 rounds or so through my new gun. Getting used to the factory trigger.

My understanding of the rules is, as long as its internal mods, its legal.

http://smile.amazon.com/Action-Enha..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1T4VXJAWCB0JBA5Q0AQ4

Kind of like that, only the competition version.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The apex kits are awesome. If you are installing it yourself go slow and it isnt really rocket science but there is definitely a learning curve. The first couple i did took 45 minutes or so and i was an armorer. Now that i've installed 40 or 50 i've gotten them down to 10-15 minutes across the board on a full FSS kit.

They do wonders and there are some tricks to make it work better and do different things with how and where the trigger breaks and resets.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Not sure about travel, breaks near the back, but I've tried a couple kits and have been happy with them. I've only dabbled in uspsa.
    I've one with a duty kit, but I left the stock trigger spring in which brought the trigger down to about 3 lbs.

My experience has been that the pros already have a polished usb, so you don't feel the grit you would with a standard M&P (which smooths out over 500 rounds or so anyways).

My edc uses their polymer trigger (but no spring/kit) and I'm thoroughly happy with it.

Apex is good people imo :yesway:

Top Bottom