• ...and so much more!
  • Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Just got finished installing an apex trigger on my dads sw9ve and the weight of the trigger pull still sucks in my opinion. It is better than before but still waaaay to heavy for my tastes. I tried putting a spring kit in first and see what kind of results it yielded and it was pretty negligible as I don't have a scale to check it. He wasn't satisfied and had me order the trigger and after I got it installed it wouldn't fire. It turns out that the trigger was hitting the frame before it moved the sear block far enough to fire. An hour later after filing and shaping it works. At least when I try to squeeze a round off my hand doesn't start to shake from the effort needed to pull the trigger. Im a S&W guy to the bone, but this one is definitely not my favorite, I hope he likes it cause that's what really matters. Is there anything else that can be done outside of copious amounts of range time to get used to it?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Simple solution.... Find someone looking for a somewhat inexpensive, very reliable 9MM pistol and sell it to them. Get Dad into an M&P and don't look back. Smigmas are just as you described, a PITA.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Bright Firearms instructor trainee:)

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I had a .40 for a little while, I could deal with the heavy trigger, what drove me nuts was the latest long take up! It did at least make my flinch show up...

Top Bottom