• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    That's a relief.

We gotta re-evaluate the score between Freedom vs the Police State. They definitely have points on the board. Just sayin.
    Haha

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Did I misread this or was it a case of LEO laziness? (Not that all LEOs are lazy, on the contrary).
    If they really suspected someone, wouldn't the lawful way of seeing where they go be to follow them? (I am simple but it works for me)

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Did I misread this or was it a case of LEO laziness? (Not that all LEOs are lazy, on the contrary).
    If they really suspected someone, wouldn't the lawful way of seeing where they go be to follow them? (I am simple but it works for me)

I think they thought that GPS stood for force multiplier. Judges told them otherwise.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Here's an outline about the case from the Register. Essentially, what the court has done is upheld the time honoured tradition that cops have to get a warrant, rather than just do what they want with GPS technology.

US court urged to block warrantless GPS tracking ? The Register

On the other side,,,since whatever the government does is public record,,,Id like to see every cop car fitted with a GPS that we could follow online like we do with airplane flights...

Top Bottom