• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have been planning on taking my daughter to an Appleseed class, she is 12 and has not started shooting yet, and someone mentioned the Revere's Rider rifle class. Can anyone tell me the similarities and the differences between the two. I view this sort of like teaching someone to drive and I think she will be more focused if it is set up like a class with an instructor rather than dear ole dad. Thanks for any help. (I did do a search, but didn't find a comparison of the two)

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Not an expert, but Revere's has an event coming up just down the road in Bedford on the 26th and 27th, so that seems like a really good option.

https://www.picatic.com/RM2015Sep26Bedford

...but, uh, on that "dear ole dad" piece: I think that would depend on how good the dear ole Dad is. :)

-Nate

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    The only seed near you in 2015 will be in December and that's in evansville (Newburgh). Not exactly close to btown, but the othera are in northern indiana and would require hotel for you.

12 year Olds may not take to the cold weather either...just like listening to dad :)

I'd suggest the riders event in bedford if this is something you want to get done soon.

As far as a comparison, you won't find one. I'll say that the riders instructors are top notch and trust me when I say, you will not be disappointed. Both orgs follow the same mission. Teaching heritage, marksmanship, civic participation, and history.

Last edited:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    The only seed near you in 2015 will be in December and that's in evansville (Newburgh). Not exactly close to btown, but the othera are in northern indiana and would require hotel for you.

12 year Olds may not take to the cold weather either...just like listening to dad :)

I'd suggest the riders event in bedford if this is something you want to get done soon.

As far as a comparison, you won't find one. I'll say that the riders instructors are top notch and trust me when I say, you will not be disappointed. Both orgs follow the same mission. Teaching heritage, marksmanship, civic participation, and history.

Second on this. Well stated.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    and just FYI if you didn't know already, the most (if not all?) Riders are former Appleseed instructors, and they are top notch at their craft.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    and just FYI if you didn't know already, the most (if not all?) Riders are former Appleseed instructors, and they are top notch at their craft.

+11. I've shot two 'seeds and knowing the instructors from those interactions, I'd shoot a RR in a heartbeat.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I attended several Appleseed shoots as a shooter and as an instructor. I do not think you could go wrong taking her to an Appleseed. It is just a great program and I am sure that the folks doing the shoots now are great people.

Since RR is new, I have not attended one of their shoots, but the very best instructors I knew from Appleseed have gone on to work with Rever's Riders. As soon as my family medical situation settles down, I'm going to attend a RR shoot.

RR is hosting a shoot in Bedford pretty soon. The range host at Bedford and the community that supports their shoots is the absolute creme of the crop. If you live in Bloomington, you should definitely sign both of you up for an RR shoot at the Bedford range.

All other things equal, I would say just sign up for either program and have a great time. Since you are so close to Bedford, it is a no brainer, if only to meet the Bedford Contingent. If I never shoot another Appleseed shoot or never make it to a Revers Riders shoot, I will still probably see the Bedford guys a handful of times a year, just because we have become friends and they are such great follks.

Top Bottom