• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I tabled next to their table at the last Indy 1500 and found their local crew to be very friendly and focused on spreading the word on the importance of training. I have not yet taken their class but I'd like to.

I really like the fact that their mission is to make America a country of Riflemen and Riflewomen again.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I am very involved and have been to a few shoots. Frankly, you will not find better marksmanship training at their price point anywhere. Additionally, no one spends the time to match the skills of marksmanship with American history (specifically how marksmanship was critical in the lead up to and opening battles of the Revolutionary war) with the detail and care that the Appleseed trainers do.

As much as shooters complain about the dwindling body of gun owners and shooters in this country, you would think we would all flock to the opportunity to shoot two days straight and usually even spend the night camping out and chatting by the fire with gun owners from far and near.

Even more, these shoots are attended by men, women, kids of all ages. And frankly, if you have not been to an event where 50 rifles of all caliber open up at the same time on either side of you (down the line), you really have not "been shooting".

Traditional marksmanship, sling use, breathing and body control, history, camaraderie, and tons of gun owners hanging out, it is a blast.

And they charge next to nothing. And if you do not have a rifle, they will even find one to loan you. Bring whatever you have. Last shoot the guy on the left had a bolt action K-31, the guy on my right had an M1A, the guy beyond him had a lever action .22, and I had my AR.

IF you have not been to one, go. If you have, go again. The Appleseeders are convinced that the only way to bring back the body of American shooters that are going to be involved in shooting, and politics, is to get shooters out there, having fun, getting skilled, and knowing the history behind them so we can keep it all in the future.

Plus, ~400 rounds in two days. How can you pass that up?!

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Ya, I was liking that aspect myself. From the little I've read, it seems like an interesting thing to do. Hopefully they'll be at this Indy 1500, and I can possibly get more information.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Shay, thanks for the kind words.

All, we'll be at the next 1500 with a table. Different crew this time, but we're all Riflemen and Appleseeders, please stop by and ask us any questions you have.

Indiana has a slew of shoots coming up and more are geting organized.

hawkhavn

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Shay, thanks for the kind words.

All, we'll be at the next 1500 with a table. Different crew this time, but we're all Riflemen and Appleseeders, please stop by and ask us any questions you have.

Indiana has a slew of shoots coming up and more are geting organized.

hawkhavn
    Great, that is good to know!!!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Be proud in the fact that Indiana has the biggest shoot in Appleseed history and regularly is top one or two in the country for attendants despite our being smaller than many other states. :)

Top Bottom