• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 300sx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    ss of indy
    went to visit my brother yesterday in lafayette and decided to hit this range while i was in town..the place is nice. instruction video needs work, the video has no demonstration pics or vids, just slides of words and a speaker that only went over topics and not the important parts.lol also i thought i was shooting outside..the range had a temp of 50 degrees on the thermostat..they have no HEAT! Also when i go to the rifle range i bring more than a box or ammo and a gun. so if u bring more than that there is no where for you to put things..they have no reloading table or anything..so ur stuck reloading at the shooting stall bench..place could use a little work.. just being honest..

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I also was there again yesterday, and while a place to sit while you reload magazines would be nice, I managed easily standing at the cabinet behind the firing line. There may not be one in each bay, though, so not sure if that helps you. Also, not sure about when you were there, but the thermostat was set to 57 when I was there. I happened to mention the temp to Stan and he told me that they only had 20% outside air mixed in.

I don't know if you were ever in the range before (previous owners), but while I didn't have a problem with it at the time, being in there now is a night-and-day difference. I don't smell powder at all when shooting and I never taste lead. Given the tradeoff, I can handle a little cold.

Of note, when I went in, I had a rifle case with two rifles in it, a shooting bag, and a target. I also had room to shoot offhand, seated, and prone with the rifle case in the stall with me.

Maybe it's just which bay they put you in. FWIW, I was in the one on the right, lanes 11-15.

I know Stan is a member here, so it's possible he'll read your post and take your suggestions and impressions under advisement. It would not be the first time he and Dave did that.

I have thanked them for that personally, I do so now here as well.

Blessings,
    Bill

17Chap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I've never been there but I know it is hard to heat ranges with decent air exchange systems, which they need. The indoor range I've been to the most has small ceramic heaters over each lane that you turn on when you arrive. Keeps your head warm!

Jess

HighpowerIndiana

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Folks,

I'm Dave Schnelle, one of the owners, and thanks for your comments. Let me address a couple of issues.

First, heating in the winter on an indoor range is purely a matter of economics. A lot of the air is turned over regularly. While Stan may have said we were set at 20% fresh air, that is not always the situation. Bringing in fresh air means less filter loading, but colder air. More recirculation means less heating, but more filter loading. We could make the range as warm as you'd like, but you would most likely not like the prices we'd have to charge. Like I said, it's all a matter of finding a happy medium between comfort and cost containment. We have invested a tremendous amount of money in the air handling system, in order to have the best system available. We have reached that level of safety, doing a first rate job of air cleaning and circulation. Be glad to elaborate with anyone that stops by.

Second, there are new shelf units that we installed in each bay, and also added stand up gun racks in the rifle bays. These are intended to be a place for shooters to load mags and store equipment. Many of our customers come with quite a bit of equipment, and it hasn't seemed to be a problem. There is a small stool in each bay as well, for folks that need to take a break.

Orientation video is not meant to be a Hollywood production, just the bare essentials of our range rules. Again, it's a matter of economics. Would most of our customer prefer a large amount of our cash sunk into a better video, or keep costs down. We thought the latter was a better choice.

Lastly, please stop while you're visiting and make suggestions to us of what you'd like to see. We are very open to improvements. We truly want to make this an enjoyable place for all our customers, within the bounds of fiscal responsibility!

Dave

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have Stan and Dave do a Excellent job. I enjoy shooting there and enjoy thier company, Very cool Guys. Very reasonable prices. It is almost like " I don't want to make any money I just love to have people shoot thier Guns Ha Ha Ha" .

I know that I will be going alot. Jim Darling

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have Stan and Dave do a Excellent job. I enjoy shooting there and enjoy thier company, Very cool Guys. Very reasonable prices. It is almost like " I don't want to make any money I just love to have people shoot thier Guns Ha Ha Ha" .

I know that I will be going alot. Jim Darling

Not even CLOSE to that place, but I got the gist.

These two are bending over backwards to try to accommodate everyone's wishes, and I think they are doing a bang-up job at it. Just my :twocents:

There really is no comparison between what it was before, and what it now.

Thanks again Stan and Dave. Your efforts are appreciated!

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I stopped in today to check out the new facilities. I have only two words: Top. Notch. Range facilities were clean, well lit, and appeared sturdily built and well maintained. I found the temp in our bay set to 59 degrees, and was quite comfortable in a tee shirt and fleece vest. The place seemed busy, and with the flow of customers we had up to 7 people in 4 groups in our bay, but the shelving units on the back wall accommodated everyone. My wife and I had brought plenty of ordinance but we had enough space on the top shelf to keep loading mags while we stored our cases and extra targets on the lower shelves. Also, the last indoor range we tried was in NWI and was LOUD. At the ABS range, noise was well controlled even with 4 lanes blazing away.

I only visited the place once under the old management, and nothing stands out in my memory as being wrong with the range at that time, but the store area is a huge improvement. I remember it as small and dingy, with a single case on the back wall filled with unexciting wares. Now it's expanded and has plenty of display space that is, if not exactly packed, clean and displays what they have well. We talked at length with Printmitch and the other guys. It was an extremely informative discussion and even though customers were continually coming up to the counter to check in/out of the range or purchase targets and such, I didn't feel in the slightest unwelcome while we shot the breeze and leeched valuable counter space. Overall I can say with certainty I will return.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I stopped in today to check out the new facilities. I have only two words: Top. Notch. Range facilities were clean, well lit, and appeared sturdily built and well maintained. I found the temp in our bay set to 59 degrees, and was quite comfortable in a tee shirt and fleece vest. The place seemed busy, and with the flow of customers we had up to 7 people in 4 groups in our bay, but the shelving units on the back wall accommodated everyone. My wife and I had brought plenty of ordinance but we had enough space on the top shelf to keep loading mags while we stored our cases and extra targets on the lower shelves. Also, the last indoor range we tried was in NWI and was LOUD. At the ABS range, noise was well controlled even with 4 lanes blazing away.

I only visited the place once under the old management, and nothing stands out in my memory as being wrong with the range at that time, but the store area is a huge improvement. I remember it as small and dingy, with a single case on the back wall filled with unexciting wares. Now it's expanded and has plenty of display space that is, if not exactly packed, clean and displays what they have well. We talked at length with Printmitch and the other guys. It was an extremely informative discussion and even though customers were continually coming up to the counter to check in/out of the range or purchase targets and such, I didn't feel in the slightest unwelcome while we shot the breeze and leeched valuable counter space. Overall I can say with certainty I will return.

I also enjoyed myself this afternoon. I was comfortable both temp-wise and with my surroundings. Everyone, including the other shooters, were nice and helpful. I even went up to a couple of other ladies who seemed to be regulars and asked them about their electronic ears. I'm thinking I've just added something else to my wish list...
    And the staff actually made me feel welcomed and comfortable. A majority of the gun stores I've gone to only address my husband and completely exclude me, but not these guys. However, I am now officially requesting something displaying INGO in pink. I would like something to wear to show off that I'm a part of INGO, too, not just my husband! Something like a brown t-shirt with a pink INGO logo would be perfect. :ingo:

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    3217 Olympia Drive

We got off I-65 on 38. Turned south on Creasy, east on Concord, south on Olympia. The sign out front very clearly says, "RANGE." I appreciated the big sign...also the many pick-ups trucks in the parking lot helped, too. :) My SUV has 4 wheel drive, so it didn't feel TOO out of place!

uniquejohn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    west lafayette
    stan and dave have made a big effort to make this range enjoyable for all, i greatly appreciate their effort and would encourage all to give then a chance....

Top Bottom