• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdeshon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Out yander
    I am a complete noob to this so sorry if this is a dumb question. I am planning my first build. Thinking about getting most of my parts from Spike's. My question is is there any legal forms that I need to fill out like for gun registration and what not? I know I gota have the lower sent to a FFL and I have one lined up. But ATF wise. Do I need to tell them i am building one or do I need to register it?

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    negative. It'll be registered once your FFL gets all your info and does the check prior to handing it over. Basically the lower is considered the actual firearm portion of the AR.

*edit*

Unless of course you're planning on building an SBR.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    No, not building an SBR just a mil-spec simi auto M4.

No such thing as "registration" here in Indiana, so you're good to go. As noted above, you will need to have the lower sent to your local FFL (if you're buying online) who will perform a NICS check. Unless of course you're buying the lower privately in a face-to-face transaction, where no paperwork or check needs to be completed. Everything else can be shipped right to your doorstep no matter where you buy it.

I'm a big fan of Spike's so you can't really go wrong there. Good luck and be sure to keep us updated on its progress!

mdeshon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Out yander
    Out of curiosity, why would you build an M4 using Spikes parts, when their complete rifles are available for around $800?

Im an Engineer and I like to build things myself, plus helps me learn more about the rifle then just buying one. :ar15:

Top Bottom