• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drnorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an FN made A2 upper. The front sight assembly is also stock and made by FN. To the best I can tell, this thing has never been disassembled. The front sight assembly is tilted to the left. It is almost impossible to see but the rear A2 sight must be shifted left (windage) to compensate.
    What is the best way to straighten this out?
    The rifle is very accurate when I do may part.
    Thanks
    Don

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have an FN made A2 upper. The front sight assembly is also stock and made by FN. To the best I can tell, this thing has never been disassembled. The front sight assembly is tilted to the left. It is almost impossible to see but the rear A2 sight must be shifted left (windage) to compensate.
    What is the best way to straighten this out?
    The rifle is very accurate when I do may part.
    Thanks
    Don
    It just may depend on what exactly, the problem is. Is it cross threaded ? Is it bent ? dunno ????

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    If you are lucky the barrel nut can be loosened, the barrel re-indexed, and the nut tightened back down correctly. Sounds like the nut may have just been over torqued.

If you are not lucky, the front sight base was not installed straight on the barrel.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    If the front sight base is held on using the tapered pins, a carefully calibrated whack with a plastic hammer to the left of the sight base will straighten things out. Clamp the barrel in a vise first.

Not very high tech, but neither is the mounting method.

If there are 4 set screws, loosen them and turn the sight base. Then retighten.

Top Bottom